Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking for a carb kit for a Pioneer 400. Supposedly a Brown carb. Any ideas?

There was a diaphragm on ebay for the Brown carb - looked very similar to the HL.

I think it was under "vintage chainsaw". Just checked - don't see it now. Sorry.

This site sponsor has kits listed for Brown CP and CS models - http://store.chainsawr.com/

Last edited:
Pioneer 400

Thanks for the info. I took a closer look at the saw and checked the id tag which identifies it as a 400A, which should have the tillotson carb. I should be able to pick up a kit and start work on the saw. I didn't want to get into it if I couldn't get a kit. Saw is all there and looks to be in decent shape. Paint is good, just needs a degreasing and good cleanup.

P28 Trigger & trigger latch springs wanted

Does anyone have to sell or know of a source to obtain the return springs for the throttle trigger & trigger latch Pioneers part# is 431092 Thanks , Al

The p41 muffler will bolt on, but some major modding would be required to let it flow enough.

Thanks that what I thought, I'll let him decide if he wants it. I was thinking add another pipe just like the one that is already there.

I have not seen the inside of one but maybe something like this on the outside. I'll take it off and check it out.

new 0091 by supercabs78, on Flickr

Thanks that what I thought, I'll let him decide if he wants it. I was thinking add another pipe just like the one that is already there.

I have not seen the inside of one but maybe something like this on the outside. I'll take it off and check it out.

new 0091 by supercabs78, on Flickr

I have modified several of those by adding a second pipe directly above the first as close as you can get it. Half inch electrical conduit works well for the pipe

Pioneer 1200a Fuel line

Hi, I am looking for help on replacing the fuel line inside the tank. Do I have to take the saw apart or can I simply unscrew the fitting going through the front of the tank that connects to the carb? Thanks for any help.

Early 80's Farmsaw

Hey fellas, I found this site by googling ( what i have found out to be a common problem) "Farmsaw recoil". I am trying to help a friend bring his fathers Farmsaw back to life. It is in mint shape, but as you have already guessed the plastic gear portion of the the recoil pulley is stripped. Do any of you know where I can find one? If not, is there another manufacture that makes something similar that will work?

Thanks

Shawn.

Hey fellas, I found this site by googling ( what i have found out to be a common problem) "Farmsaw recoil". I am trying to help a friend bring his fathers Farmsaw back to life. It is in mint shape, but as you have already guessed the plastic gear portion of the the recoil pulley is stripped. Do any of you know where I can find one? If not, is there another manufacture that makes something similar that will work?

Thanks

Shawn.

PM me your address and I'll send you one.

Back