Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pioneers are the easy saws to work on, whole saw can be torn to the case and split in 10 minutes with a ratcheting screwdriver with bits, an allen wrench and 1/2" pipe for a puller for oil gear, hammer and wrench for clutch, flywheel nuts.

Your right, NICE FUEL SYSTEMS!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Duane

Sounds pretty sophisticated compared to the rock and bar wrench I've been using!

Yup, simple as an anvil and just as tough (the saws, I mean - not so sure about me anymore).

Looks shifty to me. Where are the parts? All you get wherever you click is the same generic blah blah blah. If he's got P-61 kits I think someone would know about it by now. But maybe I'm wrong.:msp_biggrin:

He also shows kits for a 166 Dolmar.:msp_rolleyes:

You hit it right on the head!!!! I like part#'s and pictures. I say NO WAY!!!

Duane

P61 kits

Looks shifty to me. Where are the parts? All you get wherever you click is the same generic blah blah blah. If he's got P-61 kits I think someone would know about it by now. But maybe I'm wrong.:msp_biggrin:

He also shows kits for a 166 Dolmar.:msp_rolleyes:

I ordered a piston kit for a Stihl 009L last month from thier online store. It arrived in four days, 1/3 the price of OEM, and quality appears good. Why does't someone call and verify the existence of the parts? I , also just received a P62 p&c kit, plus full ignition kit from Rottman's three weeks ago to upgrade one of our P50s. Great price and service from Kevin @ Rottmans.

Thanks Chris for the heads-up on the Pioneer 1074 ring supplier. Bailey's has after market rings that you order by exact dimension.

Art

I ordered a piston kit for a Stihl 009L last month from thier online store. It arrived in four days, 1/3 the price of OEM, and quality appears good. Why does't someone call and verify the existence of the parts? I , also just received a P62 p&c kit, plus full ignition kit from Rottman's three weeks ago to upgrade one of our P50s. Great price and service from Kevin @ Rottmans.

Thanks Chris for the heads-up on the Pioneer 1074 ring supplier. Bailey's has after market rings that you order by exact dimension.

Art

Thanks for the info, perhaps it's worth checking into. I've always heard Rottmans were pricey, I'm going to email them as well.

I got some thin rings for a P60 from rottmans for 20 plus shipping last year, they arrived quickly and they were very nice on the phone. I wish they were cheaper cause I'm a cheap sob, that I'll red barn might be worth it to check out. I noticed they had a cart but you couldn't put anything in the cart. I guess it's a call only kinda place.

I got some thin rings for a P60 from rottmans for 20 plus shipping last year, they arrived quickly and they were very nice on the phone. I wish they were cheaper cause I'm a cheap sob, that I'll red barn might be worth it to check out. I noticed they had a cart but you couldn't put anything in the cart. I guess it's a call only kinda place.

There online store is opening Mar. 15th it says?

IEL Super Pioneer 52

hey everyone, I picked up an IEL super pioneer 52 a while back and it is missing the recoil. I have been trying to figure out what other saws would have the same recoil that i could rob. if any of you might know of where to get one, or have one you would want to sell let me know. I would really like to get this saw running. Thanks a lot.

Hi Guys
thanks to Stihl#1,metalspec,mile950county for the replies.Thanks Stihl#1 for the link to magnus.Somehow I thought there would be a bigger response to the post guess the following for the old Pioneers is not that great,all though I know pioneerguy600 and propliner are into Pioneer saws.I have checked out Mike Acres site often it is a good one for sure.I have two cases which seem to be for those P25,P26 1073 etc.I will slowly try and make complete saws out of them.Can you buy pistons and cranks for these,as in new or do you have to buy old part saws/ I guess there are Nos parts some where.
Many Thanks
Lawrence P.S. pioneerguy600 your pm is full can not reach you

I had pioneer and would love to get another one great saws:msp_thumbup:

Have my P61 in bits again now have broken a ring pinched in the lands ,I put second hand ones in it when i got it, still on the orig piston It was seized, it has the thin ones is there a common ring that fits? or piston out of something else? Its impossible to get parts in new zealand

If you can't find the rings for your saw anywhere I've got some used ones here from a saw with decent compression.
Kevin

Anyone here have a 2270, that they could get a clear photo of the fuel line routing?

The one i have here has the primer style carb, but the lines are rotted off, and the i.p.l i have is not real clear on what goes where. Even a good, drawn diagram would work. There is a fitting on top of the tank, and one down on the side. I have split the tank,(full of sludge), the one on top appears to have had the line with filter attached, but i dont know. Thanks in advance.

Anyone here have a 2270, that they could get a clear photo of the fuel line routing?

The one i have here has the primer style carb, but the lines are rotted off, and the i.p.l i have is not real clear on what goes where. Even a good, drawn diagram would work. There is a fitting on top of the tank, and one down on the side. I have split the tank,(full of sludge), the one on top appears to have had the line with filter attached, but i dont know. Thanks in advance.

I have no experience with those saws but here's an IPL and a shop manual if thats any help. Some of the other guys will know more about it.

Pioneer 2200 and 2270.pdf

Pioneer Shop Service Manual 1972.pdf

Luck of the Irish

DSCF0679.jpg

DSCF0674.jpg

Had the luck of the irish today. Finally found parts for my P35. I now have two good runners and one is complete.
Recently came accross a new old stock rewind for the P35. Still need a top cover for my other saw. The saw I got today requires chainbreak parts. This saw has serial number 1368851, my other ends in 35. All the P35 saw I have seen have the same starting numbers 13688xx.

DSCF0679.jpg

DSCF0674.jpg

Had the luck of the irish today. Finally found parts for my P35. I now have two good runners and one is complete.
Recently came accross a new old stock rewind for the P35. Still need a top cover for my other saw. The saw I got today requires chainbreak parts. This saw has serial number 1368851, my other ends in 35. All the P35 saw I have seen have the same starting numbers 13688xx.

And here I thought I did good finding a 750! LOL That is a NICE load of saws!

P-65 value

I was contacted today by a fellow who has several saws for sale including a P-65. I suspect it may have been used commercially and have only seen a lone picture. What would a value range be for one of these saws (from non running to ready to cut)?

Yeah, we pretty much hate you.:hmm3grin2orange:

Luck of the irish is an understatement.

I was contacted today by a fellow who has several saws for sale including a P-65. I suspect it may have been used commercially and have only seen a lone picture. What would a value range be for one of these saws (from non running to ready to cut)?
Its hard to put a number on it. The P65 is basicly the same as a Pro 655. They have a beefed up crank and different piston pin then the earlier P62. The Pioneer Partner P65 was made for a short time only. A lot harder to find then a Pro 655. My guess would be $200 ( rough but complete) to $600 (mint)

Back