Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just spotted a sweet original 620 on aussie fleabay, would love to have it but the wife would kill me with it

Filter for P28

Picked up a GREAT P28 off feebay for $50.00 and only missing an Air filter. All decals and paint still there, No rotten fuel either.
It only needed fuel to fire off and run great. My first Small Pioneer.

Anyone have a Air filter? Pm if you do please.

Duane

Picked up a GREAT P28 off feebay for $50.00 and only missing an Air filter. All decals and paint still there, No rotten fuel either.
It only needed fuel to fire off and run great. My first Small Pioneer.

Anyone have a Air filter? Pm if you do please.

Duane

Will those itty-bitty Boyesen reeds work in that saw?

Jack

P41 coil

I can get a brand new coil fo a P42 will it work in a P41?

The P42 coil will NOT fit a P41 cylinder. You will need to change cylinder, flywheel, ignition module, etc. to available P42 parts. I have a used spare P41 module for my saw. If you can't find a module PM me. Art

P60 and Early P50

DSCF0734.jpg

DSCF0735.jpg

DSCF0731.jpg

Here is a nice P60 I picked up last week, It will replace the one in my collection. The muffler is different then most It points down instead of forward. Does not burn the clutch cover.
The bottom photo is an early P50 saw with points. The rewind was very hard to remove. May never have been off since new. The fuel line was rotted off at the carb. New lines and it starts and runs very well.
It could use a lot of cleaning. I now have an extra P60, P51 and a couple of P41 saws if anyone is interested.

Last edited:
Nice saw's! I wonder if that P60 was upgraded at some point, maybe at the dealer. I've never seen one with a chain brake. Maybe it was just their last run of p60s with the chain brake and good muffler.
You've got a great collection and a nice pile of wood, keep the pics coming.
Kevin

DSCF0734.jpg

DSCF0735.jpg

DSCF0731.jpg

Here is a nice P60 I picked up last week, It will replace the one in my collection. The muffler is different then most It points down instead of forward. Does not burn the clutch cover.
The bottom photo is an early P50 saw with points. The rewind was very hard to remove. May never have been off since new. The fuel line was rotted off at the carb. New lines and it starts and runs very well.
It could use a lot of cleaning. I now have an extra P60, P51 and a couple of P41 saws if anyone is interested.

Looks real good Jeff I need to get back down to see you and take some of that junk out of your shop so you have more room lol P60 looks great real clean

Nice saw's! I wonder if that P60 was upgraded at some point, maybe at the dealer. I've never seen one with a chain brake. Maybe it was just their last run of p60s with the chain brake and good muffler.
You've got a great collection and a nice pile of wood, keep the pics coming.
Kevin

The chainbreak on a P60 is fairly common. It is shown in the brochure and on Acres website. I have had them both ways. It is getting hard to find one still working. The breakbands are becoming hard to find. I have only seen one other muffler like this. I was wondering if it was something they tried before going to the rear discharge. The fellow I got the saw from bought it new and only used it to cut firewood at the cottage. A bit of an overkill.

Looks real good Jeff I need to get back down to see you and take some of that junk out of your shop so you have more room lol P60 looks great real clean
Joe Bring a small box of $20's with you. I need to make room in the garage and rearrange stuff.
I will grab a load of the old iron you have next time I go up. I would be glad to help you out as well

Pioneer 1110 running.

Got a chance to give this 1110 a lookover today and was even more suprised to see it was as good as it was. P/C was like new so I went ahead and tried the 1200 carb with choke setup on it. It worked out fine and only ran into one snag. The hex shaft that screws into the carb box floor directly behind the carb was too close or too big around as the choke plate hit it when opening the choke up.

A quick fix was to chuck the hex shaft in the lathe and turned the dia down in the center to give enough clearence to let the choke open up. Works fine that way and the shaft is still pleanty strong. I mean it only holds the air filter cover on it. I just turned the fuel inlet to the right position and plugged off the line from the primer to the engine.

It starts right up and sounds good. This chain is so bad I maynot even try to sharpen it, but I will have to find one for it since it is .058 guage and I have none here.

Working on this thing is wierd as it is so much like a Poulan 361 I dont even hardly realize its a Pioneer.

Best part about this is as of right now I have zero dollars in it as I even found some like new carb diaphragms in my box so I didnt even have to use a kit for it.

This thing is what 55cc? After finding a 8 tooth sprocket on it along with a 20" bar, I am not holding out much hope of any extra get up and go when I get to try it out.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Got a chance to give this 1110 a lookover today and was even more suprised to see it was as good as it was. P/C was like new so I went ahead and tried the 1200 carb with choke setup on it. It worked out fine and only ran into one snag. The hex shaft that screws into the carb box floor directly behind the carb was too close or too big around as the choke plate hit it when opening the choke up.

A quick fix was to chuck the hex shaft in the lathe and turned the dia down in the center to give enough clearence to let the choke open up. Works fine that way and the shaft is still pleanty strong. I mean it only holds the air filter cover on it. I just turned the fuel inlet to the right position and plugged off the line from the primer to the engine.

It starts right up and sounds good. This chain is so bad I maynot even try to sharpen it, but I will have to find one for it since it is .058 guage and I have none here.

Working on this thing is wierd as it is so much like a Poulan 361 I dont even hardly realize its a Pioneer.

Best part about this is as of right now I have zero dollars in it as I even found some like new carb diaphragms in my box so I didnt even have to use a kit for it.

This thing is what 55cc? After finding a 8 tooth sprocket on it along with a 20" bar, I am not holding out much hope of any extra get up and go when I get to try it out.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Looks good Mark! I had one of them a long time ago before I was into saws much.Like a DA I scraped it :bang:

Looks good Mark! I had one of them a long time ago before I was into saws much.Like a DA I scraped it :bang:

John, if you miss it, I could trade you this one. :laugh:

Looking at that picture again made me think of someting. I was stupid not to look at the 1200 handle as I just noticed that it used a small dia stud with only a hex on the top as to clear the choke plate. All I would have had to done is swap that stud out........

Last edited:
Just took this 1110 out and put it through its paces. It ran surprisingly well.

Starts right up and pulled the 8 tooth better then I thought it would. It aint a racer by any means but its a pretty smooth runner.

And Jerry, those loud ole 306A's dont have anything on this when it comes to Loud!

Nice as it is, if one of you Pioneer guys would like to have this for your collection, let me know, I can work out something very easily for it. If not, it fits right in here as well.

Just took this 1110 out and put it through its paces. It ran surprisingly well.

Starts right up and pulled the 8 tooth better then I thought it would. It aint a racer by any means but its a pretty smooth runner.

And Jerry, those loud ole 306A's dont have anything on this when it comes to Loud!

Nice as it is, if one of you Pioneer guys would like to have this for your collection, let me know, I can work out something very easily for it. If not, it fits right in here as well.

Mark,...I posted quite a while back on a thread that was about the loudest chainsaw engine out there and stated that the 1100 Pioneer would make your ears bleed. Only someone that ran them would know what I was talking about so very few of the other posters believed me or could verify what I posted but I know as my dad had this one and it was his main saw for 4-5 years, unfortunately its the model with the big felt filter in the tank and it needs to be taken out.

IMG_1952.jpg

Last edited:
Back