Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P-41 two component ignition.

Solid state trigger module mounted next to flywheel and coil mounted below on frame. Coil gets a plastic cover/retainer over it.

attachment.php

How I get a good ground for the spark plug.

attachment.php

attachment.php

The faster you spin the flywheel, the better the spark gets. Just letting the plug rest against a rusty muffler don't work for a plug ground.

Interesting. That's similar to the 2 piece electronic ignitions used on some Homelites (some XL-900 series), McCullochs (SP-81E and early PM850), and Poulans (all 4200-8500 series) of the 1970's. The trigger module looks almost identical.

Email sent.

Hang on to your wallet!

That blue coil is expensive enough, wouldn`t want to hear that two piece setup would cost. I lucked out myself when I bought 22 Pioneers one night unseen and a big box of NOS parts. There was some rare goodies in that lot but not enough to start selling them off.

Window hit

I was looking at a vid of the P51 and didn't notice my reaction when the half cookie got between the bar and the spike and it flew off and up into the patio door window. I thought you might get a chuckle out of my reaction (if you can see my head) and the wife and daughter in the background at the end.

I was looking at a vid of the P51 and didn't notice my reaction when the half cookie got between the bar and the spike and it flew off and up into the patio door window. I thought you might get a chuckle out of my reaction (if you can see my head) and the wife and daughter in the background at the end.

:popcorn:

Is anybody down range? Make a sound or a signal. Ready on the right. Ready on the left. Commence firing!!

Interesting. That's similar to the 2 piece electronic ignitions used on some Homelites (some XL-900 series), McCullochs (SP-81E and early PM850), and Poulans (all 4200-8500 series) of the 1970's. The trigger module looks almost identical.

I was told a homelite 410 ignition would fit P41

frickin birds. always flying into doors.

The boost port does help. The carb is a factor in how well it works. The benefits of the BP are more noticeable with the Walbro SDC than with the WJ. Both carbs were used on the BPs and other Pioneers.

Mix & Match.............Didn't.

I have three ripped carcasses trying to make one servicable powerhead. P-40, P-41 and a PP-5XX whatzit.

The looks ok rings don't seal for squat.:bang:

The muffler off the 40 won't fit the 41. :bang: 1/8" difference in bolt spacing.

The cheap paint was sloooooooooooooooooooow drying and I got runs.:bang:

The good news is; I bought a Helicoil spark plug thread kit and it works wonderful.:msp_mellow:

Carl, I just got in a large bunch of Pioneer parts I bought. There's a bunch of NOS P41 stuff if you need anything. Mufflers, rubber airboxes... etc.

Carl, I just got in a large bunch of Pioneer parts I bought. There's a bunch of NOS P41 stuff if you need anything. Mufflers, rubber airboxes... etc.

Ed: If you have a NOS ring for a P-41 handy, measure the width for me and let me know. The pair I put in this carcass measured .0805" wide by my dial caliper. They have nearly squat for cylinder wall tension.

It may be the problem as it only pumps 100 as it stands now.

I was hoping the dynamic comp. would be enuff for him to run.

Thanks.

Carl.

First time for that.

Ran this mongrel out the port, only because the muffler vibrated off after a few seconds of running.

Normally, you can not get one to start without some backpressure. One stud wasn't enuff to hold the muffler on.

To top it off, fuel is removing my cheap rattle can paint.:bang:

Back