Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
interesting Tim. I removed the fuel/oil seperator piece and am figuring out how to reseal it and having it stay while the sealant hardens. Smaller hands would make it go easier. Thinking of putting JB weld on the edges of the J piece and then inserting it into the tank. May have to try some dry runs to see if my hands can place it w/o falling into the fuel tank.
My bad... I believed what Google returned, I know better!
Does your son/grandchild have a dart gun? A nerf style might work better than the old stiff shaft type. A little petroleum jelly to help it stick might be a good idea. If necessary a dowel can be forced into the non suction cup end.
Lou

Compression on the Farmsaw II seemed low @ 108, but I was told it has an auto decomp on it. Dribbled some fuel in the carb and it took right off. Might be worth investigating further.

Compression on the Farmsaw II seemed low @ 108, but I was told it has an auto decomp on it. Dribbled some fuel in the carb and it took right off. Might be worth investigating further.
The auto decomp kills the compression on a test. I'm sure you of all people know this..;) Don't bother with it if the piston is good. It'll end up breaking the starter if you disable the decomp for a test.

I have a parts saw with a cherry top end but a dead coil and bad recoil

I have a P-26 stuffed away with the "Easy Arc" starter, all my other Pioneers are larger and have manual decomp valves. In messing with this new batch of saws I thought the Dayton badged Poulan was toast. Turns out it had a decomp as well.

The K&N has a metal top built into the filter. The kit consists of the base, filter, standard washer, and the knob.

IMG_7660.jpg
The base is the hard part to find.

Sorry for the hijack but I'm excited and I'm new here. Does anybody have the part number for K&N air filter set up on these saws? I just scored a pp655 and want to have a similar set up and will probaly hunt down or make a v stack for it aswell. I'm exieted for the build just did a tear down and cleaned it up its runs GREAT!!

Sorry for the hijack but I'm excited and I'm new here. Does anybody have the part number for K&N air filter set up on these saws? I just scored a pp655 and want to have a similar set up and will probaly hunt down or make a v stack for it aswell. I'm exieted for the build just did a tear down and cleaned it up its runs GREAT!!
pics?

I posted some pictures of the saw on a thread I stared when I signed up for the forum. Ill take a couple and get some on over here aswell. I was actually thingin about that same pod filter aswell just cause the k&n stuff is so dang pricey iv found a source for v stack for the carb in this saw from a rc parts place. For cheep. So I'm looking into that aswell. Gona pulle some measurements and see how much room there is to work with and what the possibilitys are!

Need some advice for my PP405. The aluminum divider between the fuel and oil tank was leaking so I removed it and tried using JB Weld to repair it. Either I did not provide enough coverage or JB Weld is not fuel proof as it leaked fuel into the oil chamber. What is a good epoxy that would be fuel proof? Also should you coat the divider and then insert it or coat the opening and then insert the divider. I tried the latter approach.
Bob

Latest posts

Back