Pioneer/Partner P52 saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobh

Reaction score
Hi to all.
I'm new here but hope someone can help me with some information. I'm trying to find out anything I can about a Pioneer P52 chainsaw I just got. I would like to know the engine size, what years these were made, is there anyplace I could get a manual, are these good saws, and is there a source for parts should they be needed. The saw is pretty heavy and seems to have a lot of power. It does need a new chain. Also, I am told the saw uses a 24:1 fuel mix,,,,is this correct.
Any help at all will sure be appreciated.
Bob in the Missouri Ozarks

TimberPig said:

Thanks a lot for the information. It really helped a lot. You don't by chance know where I could find a manual and or who sells parts for Pioneer saws.
By the way...I was in Vancouver and Whistler B.C. several years ago. Beautiful country.
Thanks again

bobh said:
Thanks a lot for the information. It really helped a lot. You don't by chance know where I could find a manual and or who sells parts for Pioneer saws.
By the way...I was in Vancouver and Whistler B.C. several years ago. Beautiful country.
Thanks again

Sorry I can't help on where to locate a manual or a parts source. Some older dealers may still have parts, and some parts may be available through a Poulan dealer, as Pioneer/Partner was bought up by Electrolux, and a number of Pioneer/Partner designs were sold as Poulan Pro models. Not a guarantee, just a possibility.

Last edited:
bobh said:
Hi to all.
I'm new here but hope someone can help me with some information. I'm trying to find out anything I can about a Pioneer P52 chainsaw I just got. I would like to know the engine size, what years these were made, is there anyplace I could get a manual, are these good saws, and is there a source for parts should they be needed. The saw is pretty heavy and seems to have a lot of power. It does need a new chain. Also, I am told the saw uses a 24:1 fuel mix,,,,is this correct.
Any help at all will sure be appreciated.
Bob in the Missouri Ozarks
I've got a twenty some year old Pioneer P 39. Hope yours runs as well.

p52

They stopped making partner and pioneer so used/old stock parts are about it. A lot comes up on ebay too. There is several sights that have information on them. let me know if you need help.:yoyo:

I know up here in Canada you can still get many parts for these saws from a Poulan dealer, if you can find one that has the books and is willing to look. If you have a parts book you can cross-reference parts for the newer Poulan 525 which is basically the same saw with some upgrades. As far as a manual, order yourself an Intertec Chainsaw book, which covers most saws and will have most of the information that you need.

Latest posts

Back