Played with my Farmsaw Today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saxman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I took my 1980 Pioneer Farmsaw out to play today. This is my first Pioneer and I really like it, they seem to be well built and solid saws. I want to find a NOS or very good Pioneer 22 or 24" bar for it and it will really look new all over. I found this on CL last Labor Day weekend. I am a Stihl guy but I am looking now for more and bigger Pioneer saws. darn this CAD,

SteveView attachment 264365

I took my 1980 Pioneer Farmsaw out to play today. This is my first Pioneer and I really like it, they seem to be well built and solid saws. I want to find a NOS or very good Pioneer 22 or 24" bar for it and it will really look new all over. I found this on CL last Labor Day weekend. I am a Stihl guy but I am looking now for more and bigger Pioneer saws. darn this CAD,

SteveView attachment 264365

Your link doesn't work, but there are all kinds of NOS Pioneer bars on ebay. Good saws.:)

I'm not having such great luck finding a NOS Pioneer 24" bar for my P42 in 3/8.

Took me 30 seconds. You just gotta know where to look.:msp_wink:

24" CHAINSAW BAR FOR PIONEER | eBay

Honestly though, if I wanted a 24'' bar for a Pioneer, I'd modify a large mount husky bar and get some bar stencils. That bar I showed you is actually only 22'' long and takes an oddball 79 dl chain. I have one.

Took me 30 seconds. You just gotta know where to look.:msp_wink:

24" CHAINSAW BAR FOR PIONEER | eBay

Honestly though, if I wanted a 24'' bar for a Pioneer, I'd modify a large mount husky bar and get some bar stencils. That bar I showed you is actually only 22'' long and takes an oddball 79 dl chain. I have one.

Chris, I think that bar in the link is for the smaller studs. I agree 100% on the D009 Husky bar being a better choice than OEM Pioneer. Takes very little modding.

264392d1354053834-imageuploadedbytapatalk1354065754-669893-jpg

Latest posts

Back