Please Advise

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OTG is right a little cribbing will go a long way whit that small tree!!
As for hauling around ply wood and tires for somthing that small:buttkick:
i think somone needs there head examined!
better safe than sorry. my head is ok, same as my client's driveways. personally i'd make an open face notch and bring this tree slowly to the ground without cribbing or tires, concrete looks fine, tree is small, just back up your chipper, cut, chip and go. Thats me and if I'll find one day that paving guys run out of concrete on my client's driveway, thats my problem, my reputation and my money. Why I don't want Groundworker to find out hard way how honest are pavers in his area? must be this head problem you mentioned.

if you really have to take this tree down, put plywood on the driveway and as many old tires as neccesary on the top. Works for me...most of the time.

I was just referring to your post .why the change of mind now,i sure wouldn't want to show up to any small job like this looking like Fred Sanford and Son.
Old tires are only free until you have to get rid of them!
Although they burn pretty good in the brush pile!
A couple aspirin should take care of the head problem!

I wouldn't want to show up like this either, trick is, it's not about you and me, it's about Groundworker. I'm 99% sure that by now he dumped this tree (with no tires attached), collected money and is laughing his head off reading our conversation. 1% is about cracked concrete, pissed customer and a lot of aspirin. Hey, Groundworker, where are those pics you promised, post them once you're done laughing.

Im sorry i just love to burn tires
peace:heart:

I've sent reply, but got sucked somwhere, looks like I'm as good sending messages as cutting trees. Thats what I've sent:
burning tires is fun, but please don't try to use leftover wire as a throwline - trust me, it doesn't work and it hurts (tons of bandaid and aspirin), peace man.

Job Done

After careful consideration I decided to have a "professional" tree person that is a close friend come by and help rope the tree and lower it to the ground. No problems, and after that I cut it up, cleaned up and hauled it all away.:hmm3grin2orange:

Treesdown009.jpg

Treesdown010.jpg

Treesdown011.jpg

Thanks for all your help folks!

Latest posts

Back