Please estimate how many cords and settle a debate at work

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yes Wet One. We are not worthy. :confused:
As I lurk around the sayyyyy 6.567891234314.... cords cut, split, stacked, and harvested by this unworthy one for this winter's heating, I think how little wood I have worked. It has arrived by internet magic out of the great ether.
My W.A.D. and my C.A.D. are figments of avatar imagination.
What am I to do now that you have told the truth ?:yourock: :yourock:

The W.T. ( Wood Tease ) continues. :popcorn: Stihl < 1 cord...and that is the final answer.

If you sell cord wood, your customers must absolutly love you!!! :clap:

I think we have all worked our share of firewood or we wouldnt be here. The pictures of the wood do make it look like less. Or in my case it makes it look like more.

I took a girl out on a blind date once. I was showed a 'recent' picture of her so I would recognise her and thought "this won't be to bad." Pictures lie ! Need I say more?

I want to add that I don't think the OP intended to mislead us in any way since we probably wont be taking his firewood to dinner or a movie.

Last edited:
~snip~

I took a girl out on a blind date once. I was showed a 'recent' picture of her so I would recognise her and thought "this won't be to bad." Pictures lie ! Need I say more?

~ snip~

So your saying she was extremely attractive, wonderful personality, great job, and like to run a chain saw?

Excellent.

I was just skimming, but I thought he said something about blindly licking her tootsie pop. :confused:

no he was saying that she was blind!

I didn't get that at first. that's funny !!!

All I know was it must have been her only decent picture in 20 years or it was taken with a magical camera.

Wait a second ! are you saying there is something wrong with how I look ?

Just kidding, Alfred is a much better looking dude after how I was taught to spell.

Sticking to my original guess of a tad more than two cords.
It just rained in New England for four straight days, so I doubt they got much done on that pile of wood.

Welp....Generally 16" lenghts....2 rows.....5 1/4 ft high......28 ft long.....obviously unsplit.....stacked square to the end....
attachment.php

getting closer...

All you have to do now is unstack it...split it...and re-stack.

:hmm3grin2orange:

so when you do this - do you end up with more or less ?

I say you end up with more volume after it is split. It does for me anyway. Of course who really listens to the V.I. ?

WoW ! I could have gone a lot further out on a limb and still not got it. Nobody guessed 4 1/8 cords not including the chips, may I ? LOL it is a little late after getting some measurements on the stacked rounds.

I was wrong. I can hear "the music man" warming up for me now. :hmm3grin2orange:

Nice stacking job on those rounds, something had to hurt when you were done. Some good looking wood there too.

eh. I said 2 1/4 and stuck with it. I'll just concede defeat and start some popcorn while I am waiting.

Last edited:
2.6666667'x5.25'x28'=392cu ft x 1 cord/128 cu ft = 3.0625 cords

However, should we omit the wood on the left with darkened ends? Maybe that was not part of the original pile in question?
2.6666667'x5.25'x23'=322 cu ft x 2.5215625 cords.

Anyway, it's too late for splitting... if you want to split hairs. In Massachusetts, "the first stacking of firewood is the legal measurement and doesn't necessarily happen on your property after delivery" --http://www.mass.gov/?pageID=ocapressrelease&L=1&L0=Home&sid=Eoca&b=pressrelease&f=05_12_01_firewood&csid=Eoca

Last edited:
:ices_rofl: I was looking back over this and remembered saying he might just tease us with pictures of the stacks. ( still laughing )

OP :yourock:

I still think you deserve a rep for this one.

Ya heres another I guess i will call this dog and ask him how many cords would you like.. and what kind of wood to... Yeah right:censored:

Hello im looking to offset my heat costs this winter by using my fireplace alot more. Im in need of some firewood to do so. I cannot cut due to i do not have the tools, but i will be able to pickup providing its not that far outta my way.

Please contact me if you can help me out.

Also you can call me and let me know what you can do

:chainsaw:

Back