Please Read

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for your loss.

Your father died being with somone he loved, doing something he loved.

It does not make it any easier to deal with, but just know that prayers are being sent for you, and yours.

If you need anything....

Please do not hesitate!

My prayers are with you. Nothing will make this easier, but time will make it better.

Try and remember the good times, they help you to get through the bad ones. Talking about the good times and the good memories with like minded people will carry on his legacy.

Hang in there, and dont beat yourself up. I just lost a sweet young little yellow lab, I am sure that she gave him a kiss when he got to heavens gate. Hope your pops liked dogs!

Sorry for your loss Scott. As mentioned, reflect on the great times you had with your father, know he is looking down on you, know he died doing what he loved with people he loved and most of all stay strong for the rest of your family.

My sincere condolences to you and your loved ones. I just can't begin to imagine.
Keep your chin up, my friend.

Words can not describe how sorry i am for you and your family. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Oh, I'm so sorry! I'm sure you're probably having a hard time fighting off the temptation to beat yourself up over this. I don't know if any words of mine can help, but at least you can rest assured knowing he died doing what he wanted to do - helping out his boy, and that's a privilege that very few fathers have nowadays. Hang in there.

Josh

Wow, that was an awfully hard story to read and won't be forgotten either. I'm sorry for your loss.

My condolences go out to you and your family. May you find strength in coming together as a family to deal with this. Think of the good times you had with your dad; it sounded like you two had a special relationship that can't be broken.

That's an intense situation to deal with. Made me tear up thinking about it. I've read your posts for years and have a lot of respect for you. Don't put the blame on yourself, we can't be perfect. The "what if" mentality can hold you back and make you dwell on the negative. Accidents and mistakes are part of life, we must make the best of the situation and move forward.

This is at least my third try at finding the right words...

I can't imagine the pain you and your family are going through. You've been a great son by simply including your father in your life and giving him time together; it's horrible that time has been cut short. Please don't blame yourself for this accident; you had the best intentions in the world, and #### happened. Try your best to stop Monday morning quarterbacking it.

I know nothing about your dad other than what you've said in the original post; but it seems pretty clear to me he'd rather have gone out yesterday with a saw in hand than twenty years from now lingering in a nursing home with his mind completely shot.

A dear man I knew briefly went out quickly a couple years ago at age 75. His memory was starting to slip, and he'd always been athletic, but his body wasn't quite doing what he wanted any more. One morning he tripped going down the stairs for breakfast, and that was it; life flighted to the hospital, and died a few hours later. And even though I'd love to have had time to get to know him better, his time came and I have my memories.

You're hurting more than I can imagine right now; definitely get together with a friend, minister, rabbi, doctor, shrink, counselor or whoever you're comfortable with and make sure your head is OK. Don't bottle things up TOO much (hey, we're men, but sometimes you just have to let loose with whatever emotions are messing with your head). No shame in asking for help on this one. No shame in going on a minor bender, either, just have some backup in your corner to keep it from getting too bad.

Even though we haven't met, you have friends here. We're all thinking of you and your family.

Not many people would share this story if they were in your shoes. You father would be proud to know how terrible you must feel for this misfortune, but would never blame you. Also he sounds like the type of father who would want you to carry on the tradition of hard work you learned from him and pass it on to your children. In addition to not letting a bump in the road distract you from carrying on with your duties. Old, work-horses, all seem to share a common philosophy being "the show must go on". They would have it no other way. God bless.

Tara Brach, a psychologist, writer and speaker, refers to what we feel as 'our pain' in a larger context, of 'the pain' that we all feel. You have shared the most intimate of moments. Allow yourself, to remain open, and receive, the love and good thoughts people are sending your way.

Last edited:
Back