POLL: Greasing bar tip sprocket frequency?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How often do you grease your tip?

• Yes, I grease bar tip sprocket upon every tank re-fuelling.

Votes: 14 9.0%
  • Yes, a single daily greasing is sufficient.

Votes: 53 34.2%
  • No, bar & chain oil reaches and lubes the sprocket bearings.

Votes: 73 47.1%
  • The bar can be greased?

Votes: 15 9.7%

• Total voters
my stihl bars dont have grease holes. I dont grease. If im in bad wood or big hard woods i will put some extra oil on the bar and spin the chain by hand.

Never grease the bar. I use Oregon Prolite bars. When I had the 024/026 with Stihl bars, I never greased them either.

Quality control at Stihl must be at a all time low. I went to grease my bar after reading this thread-all the way mind you, and could'nt find a hole! So being the backyard genius I drilled and taped for my new grease zirk and wallahhhh now my 16" bar has a limiter on it that makes sure I can only cut 14" logs!

Quality control at Stihl must be at a all time low. I went to grease my bar after reading this thread-all the way mind you, and could'nt find a hole! So being the backyard genius I drilled and taped for my new grease zirk and wallahhhh now my 16" bar has a limiter on it that makes sure I can only cut 14" logs!

Dude... the Stihl bars don't have a hole, because they don't need to be greased...

Unless you're just joshin' us... :laugh:

Gary

Dude... the Stihl bars don't have a hole, because they don't need to be greased...

Gary

Hehehe :laugh: maybe but then again you would'nt happen to a zirk plug lay'in around by chance? It just keeps squirt'in out the other side of the bar---hindsight is telling me I should'nt have drilled all the way through the bar.:dizzy:

whats the point of greasing a stihl bar? they dont have the hole for a reason. My el-cheapo saws have the grease holes and i didnt know what the hole was for until just this year. I dont use cheap saws anymore so it dont make a lick of difference now.:spam:

Just one more :newbie: question, if I port my newly insalled grease zirk will it grease more efficiently or would it be worth the added expense? My mind is always clicking, but not always in gear.

Gary

attachment.php

Latest posts

Back