Poll: What model for the next AS build off??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What model would you prefer to see in the next AS build off?

• 044/MS440/046/MS460/Hybrid

Votes: 27 14.1%
  • MS441

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • MS261

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • 026/MS260

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • 066/MS660

Votes: 28 14.7%

Votes: 24 12.6%
  • 385/390

• 394/395

Votes: 37 19.4%
  • Other

Votes: 29 15.2%

• Total voters
Kinda like the Wildthing builds... It was something fun and cheap. I still have lots I could do to mine, but a good widen on the ports and muffler mod made a good little saw. :D

In other words, we've basically already had a small/affordable saw build. We just had a medium and somewhat affordable build. It's time for something big and non-affordable.

Well i'd say whoever is going to do the testing is who might want to decide what saw to build. The poll shows the 7900 in the lead for now.

You don't want to work that 3120 over so it will take the 084? Come on zach have some fun with it. :msp_biggrin:

385xp/390xp

This 385xp seems to want to run way up top. I've got a 7 pin on it now to keep the revs up and will see if I can GTG with Dave K tomorrow. I'll also tune the saw for cookies. Last time out it was tuned way too fat. Neither of us had a screwdriver on us that fit it(it's too long a trip in to the carb for the one from my 372).

that dn 084 wont do much milling but it will do some rally fast 10x10 cutting lol

I'd still like to see a red hot little 028, they would make killer firewood cutters. Cheap and more than plentiful, supers already have the little pop up. The 361 has my second vote, lots of 361's already owned by guys on here. I'd guess modded they would walk on a stock 440. Just think Terry, when you get old and grey like me, with a hot li'l 361 you could fall one handed holding the cane in the other hand. Lot's of 460's on here as well, a well ported 460 should make a 660 run and hide, that would be a fun saw to see the results on.
Lots of possibilities, I prolly sold the 660 to soon.lol I couldn't keep gas in it stock, I'd hate to see one that's had a wicked porting job. You would need to carry 10 gallon of mix a day for the thing.

Has anyone ported a lowly 028 to see what see would do? It's just a great old saw that so many cut their teeth on, kinda like the XL-12 a timeless classic. Built like a saw should be, to last a lifetime.

The 7900 is pulling away in the poll, but I gotta put a +1 on the 028... For TOTALLY SELFISH reasons... :rock:

you cant find a dilmar dealer within an hour of me and parts or used saws showing up would be a miracle. ive always thought about getting a 7900 but its just not a feasable saw in my area.

you cant find a dilmar dealer within an hour of me and parts or used saws showing up would be a miracle. ive always thought about getting a 7900 but its just not a feasable saw in my area.

There's very few dealers anywhere... But ya git one anyway... Not like you need a dealer to work on your saw there Terry...:msp_sneaky: Do it... you know you want to...:msp_sneaky:

only way im going to have one of them 7900 jobbies is if eric copsey has worked it over first lol hes got the famous colonels recipe for the 7900 and i dont think others have quite cought on to it yet.

I am confused why no one is willing to hop a mini mac :potstir: I am sick and tired of cookie cutter saw modifications:dizzy: I want to see stock saw made to perform better in the real world not the land of enchantment cookie cutter limited value saw:cheers:

Latest posts

Back