Poll: What model for the next AS build off??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What model would you prefer to see in the next AS build off?

• 044/MS440/046/MS460/Hybrid

Votes: 27 14.1%
  • MS441

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • MS261

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • 026/MS260

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • 066/MS660

Votes: 28 14.7%

Votes: 24 12.6%
  • 385/390

• 394/395

Votes: 37 19.4%
  • Other

Votes: 29 15.2%

• Total voters
Don't disagree at all, Brad has shown what a 359 can do, just not very many of them owned by members on AS. Gobs of the cancer curing 361 owners on here.

Porting small saws is boring, Like the winners with their turboed 4 cylinders bragging about beating na 8 cylinders when all the 8 cylinder has to do is go out and put 3 times the 4 bangers turbo under the hood running low boost and all of the sudden the "fast" 4 banger is more like a briggs & stratton 5hp go cart. Then again if your race track is small, you would likely never get past the excitement the 4 banger provided. I would really like to see a 7 cube saw ported from mild to wild with shakedowns in between. Long bars, efficient chains, big wood, yea that sounds like something worth reading fo sho. .

How bout we build something that'll make your putter flutter!

003-3.jpg

yeah thats not going to do much......invisbale chain...sprocket only has 1 tooth....no carb....no pipe....but it does sure look fast

Porting small saws is boring, Like the winners with their turboed 4 cylinders bragging about beating na 8 cylinders when all the 8 cylinder has to do is go out and put 3 times the 4 bangers turbo under the hood running low boost and all of the sudden the "fast" 4 banger is more like a briggs & stratton 5hp go cart. Then again if your race track is small, you would likely never get past the excitement the 4 banger provided. I would really like to see a 7 cube saw ported from mild to wild with shakedowns in between. Long bars, efficient chains, big wood, yea that sounds like something worth reading fo sho. .

can you take the marbles out of your mouth.................

Don't see any V8's winning the world rally championship? :D Off topic but I think you underestimate modern force fed 4 cylinders. If you're talking nothing but 1/4 miles then different story but even then... :cheers:

I,v ridden in turbo hondas, turbo nissans, turbo dxms, and more that did not even leave a memory. I helped,(motivated) a friend to get his sr20t 240nissan going last week so I don't hate.

then iv ridden in turbo 427 lightened fox bodys and the like..

the difference is vvvvvvvvaaaaaaaaasssssssssstt in terms of acceleration. the cars that are dialed in will straight up scare you when they launch, you staring at the sky feeling like you are getting ready to go out the back window all while a bomb is going off up front haha..

Cutting through wood I would correlate to drag racing more than rallying..

Last edited by a moderator:
While the Kids analogy sucks, (1500cc 4cyl. BMW F1 qualifying engine from the mid eighties anyone ?) I reckon the big modern fella's in some big wood.

3120 or 084/088/880.

While the Kids analogy sucks, (1500cc 4cyl. BMW F1 qualifying engine from the mid eighties anyone ?) I reckon the big modern fella's in some big wood.

3120 or 084/088/880.

1500HP out of 1500cc at 60psi boost :)

Good idea Rick - I DO have a 3120 :D Fixed jet though, could be painful...

I agree, high performance engines that are up in rpm. Wide open throttle when under the proper load. Centrifical clutches just like a fuel car. Now if I could only make my saw run on the 4 gallons of 90% nitro I have left over from my racing days.

I agree, high performance engines that are up in rpm. Wide open throttle when under the proper load. Centrifical clutches just like a fuel car. Now if I could only make my saw run on the 4 gallons of 90% nitro I have left over from my racing days.

Of course they can run on that 90% nitro :D Even if for only a second it's make a good video :cheers:

That funny fuel might make a 346=Mac125 for about a tenth of a second or so. Then the obligitory BANG. Oh well we can cover the saw engine in kevlar and nomex just like a top fueler.

Latest posts

Back