Poll: What model for the next AS build off??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What model would you prefer to see in the next AS build off?

• 044/MS440/046/MS460/Hybrid

Votes: 27 14.1%
  • MS441

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • MS261

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • 026/MS260

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • 066/MS660

Votes: 28 14.7%

Votes: 24 12.6%
  • 385/390

• 394/395

Votes: 37 19.4%
  • Other

Votes: 29 15.2%

• Total voters
i think a work saw is considered to be something you can work with and make a living. i wont be building anything that a timber cutter wouldnt be using.

Plenty of races like this around the country. It's a whole other ball game though.

Count me out on any clamshell build. If I'm going to build a saw, it would have to be something I'm actually interested in and might keep.

How about big bore 346xp's? Put some rules in the build that they must have full wraps and 28" bars and be put in 48" of Fir:

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wdZ3Xm-46cQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

There are several people on here that can't/won't shell out several hundred dollars just to build a saw for this event. In the last one I think I had a total of $140 in my JRed 2171 and that was even after buying a new chinese cylinder kit. I know it didn't finish well, but I enjoyed building it and learned an awful lot for the next go round.

When you start talking about building a saw that is not that common such as the 7900 or Stihl 660 (they don't grow on trees around here) I as several others will be priced out of the show.

If the build off is based on a saw that could be aquired and modified for ~$300 then this will fit some of our budgets much better.

Title says for the next build off. Not worksaw build off. These cheaper saws kinda gets everybody else involved that didnt have the 300$+ to find and build a 372. And not everybody actually needs a worksaw.
Just a good fun thread on AS, instead of the usual ranting/raving and bellyachin.

Title says for the next build off. Not worksaw build off. These cheaper saws kinda gets everybody else involved that didnt have the 300$+ to find and build a 372. And not everybody actually needs a worksaw.
Just a good fun thread on AS, instead of the usual ranting/raving and bellyachin.

:agree2: I have all the work saws I need. Lets have fun with something out of the norm.

:agree2: I have all the work saws I need. Lets have fun with something out of the norm.
Kinda like the Wildthing builds... It was something fun and cheap. I still have lots I could do to mine, but a good widen on the ports and muffler mod made a good little saw. :D

How about big bore 346xp's? Put some rules in the build that they must have full wraps and 28" bars and be put in 48" of Fir:

That's an early 346OE with a 'big bore kit'?
Built in 2005, before they had any 346NE parts to work with?

First time I've seen a guy wearing an ax, wedge pouch, Spencer tape, and fallers' hat cut for six minutes without ever looking up.

That's an early 346OE with a 'big bore kit'?
Built in 2005, before they had any 346NE parts to work with?

First time I've seen a guy wearing an ax, wedge pouch, Spencer tape, and fallers' hat cut for six minutes without ever looking up.

The guy in the vid builds saws, so he likely made parts work for it. I think it is 2mm over with a hot port job. The chain is also aggressive as well. I personally wouldn't pretend to tell him how to do his job after seeing his vids. But that's just me. Maybe he likes to catch limbs on his helmet and not his face? *shrug* He also has a 372xp with a 390xp top end on it in his vids as well. That thing keeps trying to grenade it seems, tho.

Here he is swinging a Fir nearly 180* of it's lean without a rope or wedges.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tbN1sKN7IlI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The guy in the vid builds saws, so he likely made parts work for it. I think it is 2mm over with a hot port job. The chain is also aggressive as well. I personally wouldn't pretend to tell him how to do his job after seeing his vids. But that's just me. Maybe he likes to catch limbs on his helmet and not his face? *shrug* He also has a 372xp with a 390xp top end on it in his vids as well. That thing keeps trying to grenade it seems, tho.

Here he is swinging a Fir nearly 180* of it's lean without a rope or wedges.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tbN1sKN7IlI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That is impressive to say the least.....

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wdZ3Xm-46cQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

346??? 28" bar??? WTF??????

He's workin' his ash off....

This is how you cut a tree...

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2x7MXn5zuEw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back