Ponder these numbers, tree guys---

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't do trees, too old, but i do work with 4 diff tree crews, they all have boom
trucks, chippers, etc,,,that tree would be no more than a one day job for any of
them, and i would get 100.00 for the stump....i watch them work all the time and
they amaze me sometimes as to what they can do, not sure what they would charge
but i think it would be in the 1200-1500 range....

Bob...:cheers:

I am not sure if you are getting the point here... Seems to me that the price should be a good price (without seeing the tree or targets). But the part that is throwing everyone off is your estimating 3 days. You are not going to get more money out of someone because your not equipped, efficient or smart enough to get it done in what most other tree companies would. When it comes to spending money the average HO doesn't give a rats ass if your retarded or not. You are going to get what the market demands (competitive pricing) or the what the HO thinks its worth. Ill be honest I would venture to say that if you found a contract climber that knew what he was doing. You and him could be in and out in a day maybe day and a half. But you would put more money in your pocket then paying whatever dead wood you have working for you with whom it would take three days to do 1 pine. Plus the education you would get would be priceless. Think about it.

Last edited:
3 days does sound like a really long time even for like a 150 foot pine. now we use alot of toys but we have never ran into a tree that couldnt be dismantled in a day. not saying cleaned up but on the ground.

if its a pine even with rigging every piece 5-6 hours would be a long time.

3 days does sound like a really long time even for like a 150 foot pine. now we use alot of toys but we have never ran into a tree that couldnt be dismantled in a day. not saying cleaned up but on the ground.

if its a pine even with rigging every piece 5-6 hours would be a long time.

Maybe you just haven't looked hard enough. They're out there..

200 bucks a day for you, the "company". Way to close a number to a regular wage IMO.

Here's a 90'er I did in a day with the customer loading the truck ...

And note the hedge and the fence that was right there. I used the first boughs to build an LZ for the ones I dropped. The customer and his father-in-law were my ground crew. This job was a barter for the creation of my website ~ a $2k value I'd say.

[video=youtube;ZETs4g49Thk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZETs4g49Thk[/video]

But your pricing is right for a Pine like that, if you can do it in a day.

And note the hedge and the fence that was right there. I used the first boughs to build an LZ for the ones I dropped. The customer and his father-in-law were my ground crew. This job was a barter for the creation of my website ~ a $2k value I'd say.

[video=youtube;ZETs4g49Thk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZETs4g49Thk[/video]

But your pricing is right for a Pine like that, if you can do it in a day.

You couldn't drop that top without the rope?

I estimate 3 days with 3 workers to get it down and out of there.

$400 to the truck and dump
$900 for labor
$600 to the company

$1900 total

Too low or too high?

talking company numbers, if one of the crews got sent out and took 3 days to do a $1900 job theyd all get fired! generally we go for bare minimum 2000 a day for 3 guys 1 or 2 trucks

talking me doing side work, I pay my self 400-500 a day minimum plus truck and chipper fuel and help... whats that tell ya?

Wait tho, why in the hell is he giving anybody advice, at all, about anything, what so ever!

80', old pine with 3.5' trunk width.

4' from one of the fences.

Tree hangs over fences, shacks, gazebo.

Difficult access tree in the back yard.

I estimate 3 days with 3 workers to get it down and out of there.

$400 to the truck and dump
$900 for labor
$600 to the company

$1900 total

Too low or too high?

3 days? seriously? I can do 3 that height with 3 guys in a day climbing. I get $2000-3000 for a tree like that around my area. That's ridiculous 3 days, so is the money

Back