Ponder these numbers, tree guys---

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rocks shouldn't attemp to swim

There are a few not so sharp folks on this thread, but I won't point any fingers. Though I doubt they will figure out on their own who they are.

80', old pine with 3.5' trunk width.

4' from one of the fences.

Tree hangs over fences, shacks, gazebo.

Difficult access tree in the back yard.

I estimate 3 days with 3 workers to get it down and out of there.

$400 to the truck and dump
$900 for labor
$600 to the company

$1900 total

Too low or too high?

FTA, I would have to agree with the other hacks on here, but say, day in a half to get done with 3 workers, heck I removed a
western red cedar, fruitless mulberry, trimmed a sycamore and trimmed a mulberry with one worker, took 2 solid days and I did all the climbing and bucking, groundie just dragged and chipped......access wasnt great as well.....

Price is right with not having bucket truck and other equipment.

And note the hedge and the fence that was right there. I used the first boughs to build an LZ for the ones I dropped. The customer and his father-in-law were my ground crew. This job was a barter for the creation of my website ~ a $2k value I'd say.

[video=youtube;ZETs4g49Thk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZETs4g49Thk[/video]

But your pricing is right for a Pine like that, if you can do it in a day.

Nice gloves

Maybe you just haven't looked hard enough. They're out there..

well i mean I'm talking from my perspective tho (remember) i even made it bold a lot of time not trying to be cocky. its me and another climber in a tree with a crane on removals. blocking down trees for us is usually only deep in a back yard. we did a 75 foot oak that the trunk piece was 15k in less than an 8 hour day. we used the local crane guys so much that it was cheaper for me to buy that truck. than to pay the rentals.

on a big tree just with rope and blocks i can see more than one day i just can't remember a pine ever taking that long. endless it was like a 80 foot pine with 2-300 pound branches stuck in between two houses with some lines through it. usually all i take on a pine is a half inch rigging line with like 10 loop runners and try to hook up as many branches at a time as i can to the half inch line and run 5+ down at a time.

Last edited:
This elm was grounded in a day did it for my uncle got half with the bucket and the other half on spikes in 6-8 hours. i know it didn't take two days. i worked the tops down to where the bucket could reach them on spikes and took over from the bucket from their worked out pretty good just parked the bucket maxed out and climbed out and back in.

View attachment 214314
View attachment 214315

LOL, yup!
Great weather,
BTW, I do run a saw.
Jeff

you should just hire him :eek2: show him the ropes. you got a bunch of climbers right thats the best way to learn from a lot of climbers no one particular person showed me how to do it i picked it up from 15-20 guys that i worked with.

This elm was grounded in a day did it for my uncle got half with the bucket and the other half on spikes in 6-8 hours. i know it didn't take two days. i worked the tops down to where the bucket could reach them on spikes and took over from the bucket from their worked out pretty good just parked the bucket maxed out and climbed out and back in.

View attachment 214314
View attachment 214315

Wow man, that's amazing, you climbed out of the bucket?? And then dropped it in that ball field.. truly impressive, you must be like the most ferocious ex Bartlett queen I've ever met! :laugh:

Wow man, that's amazing, you climbed out of the bucket?? And then dropped it in that ball field.. truly impressive, you must be like the most ferocious ex Bartlett queen I've ever met! :laugh:

The statements where not really to impress more of how it was done since a 60 foot bucket obviously doesnt reach the top of an 80-85 foot tree and thier was a fence all the way around it some of it was taken down before the work was started and the house was less than 70 foot away. thier was no ballfield the trunk was dropped in the gravel driveway since its quite easy to fix gravel.

instead of all the talk why dont you show us a big tree that you have taken down i didnt even take those pictures if you cut down trees of size bystanders and the homeowners take them for you. so you must have some right?

and please dont post pictures of the oaks you cut down behind the house those cant be classified as large trees when two people can bear hug them. that elm after it was dropped was larger than the opening on the back of the bucket truck.

and please dont post pictures of the oaks you cut down behind the house those cant be classified as large trees when two people can bear hug them. that elm after it was dropped was larger than the opening on the back of the bucket truck.

Wow. I kinda got the impression that you have seen some serously big wood.. :laugh:

I got behind on this thread. I've been on a much needed mini vacation.

Thanks for the replies. I'm sure the good ones were from the hart, and the rest were from the azz as usual. Hey, who don't wanna share? :fart:

Anyway, I need to speed line that tree out of the back yard to get a better time on it. That would save a lot of time trying to get it out of the cramped area in that backyard. And AA, this pine is so much bigger than the one in your vid. The branches are essentially 30' trees.

I get it that most people here do the trees in the nice rural areas and suburbs. I'm just looking at the photos, guys. Over here in San Diego the place is all cramped residential like nothing else. Nearly all of the gates to the backyards around here would drive you nuts. Very rarely do contractors design the gates wide enough for contractors to run their equipment through them. :bang: Also very rarely is a tree just in the clean open any where, any how, no way, any way. There's always something on all sides unless maybe it's a little tree :msp_unsure:. I'm just guessing that most of the tree jobs everyone on AS does are as simple as running the equipment right up to the trees and just doing the dang thing. It's never that fun here. No way in hell do you get more than a wheel barrow and the tiny stump grinder back there. Sometimes the Vermeer 252.

I got behind on this thread. I've been on a much needed mini vacation.

Thanks for the replies. I'm sure the good ones were from the hart, and the rest were from the azz as usual. Hey, who don't wanna share? :fart:

Anyway, I need to speed line that tree out of the back yard to get a better time on it. That would save a lot of time trying to get it out of the cramped area in that backyard. And AA, this pine is so much bigger than the one in your vid. The branches are essentially 30' trees.

I get it that most people here do the trees in the nice rural areas and suburbs. I'm just looking at the photos, guys. Over here in San Diego the place is all cramped residential like nothing else. Nearly all of the gates to the backyards around here would drive you nuts. Very rarely do contractors design the gates wide enough for contractors to run their equipment through them. :bang: Also very rarely is a tree just in the clean open any where, any how, no way, any way. There's always something on all sides unless maybe it's a little tree :msp_unsure:. I'm just guessing that most of the tree jobs everyone on AS does are as simple as running the equipment right up to the trees and just doing the dang thing. It's never that fun here. No way in hell do you get more than a wheel barrow and the tiny stump grinder back there. Sometimes the Vermeer 252.

Oh really?
Jeff
Urban Tree Care, Inc. - Local Business | Facebook

Latest posts

Back