Porting a Chinese G621 Clone

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think any of the zenoah clones had double post chain brakes. If the local aus prices have gone up so much you might as well just order direct from aliexpress or huztl.

Shipping has gone up from there too. Im trying to get some still parts for my other project but they want $50us for freight!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Shipping has gone up from there too. Im trying to get some still parts for my other project but they want $50us for freight!

Idk about to Australia but huztl seems to always offer free shipping on assembled saws.

Yeah that's a zenoah clone. Why world they make a new upper plastic and new brake flag? Those don't break, it's the thin tube wrap handles that break when you treat it like a $100 saw.

I'm guessing they had to redesign the top cover for the filter anyway, maybe the "stronger" brake setup tricks unsuspecting lads (me) and ladies into buying it as it stands out from the crowd a bit.
To be fair, the handle does seem more robust than the other cheapies I've got here, but time will tell.
I only bought it as it was powerhead only -I have a few spare bars and make my own chains, and only about $150 au delivered, and had the much better filter, I've only done a bit with it, but there was dust in the filter and all around the carb, but spotless inside the intake as it should be.

I think the 92 is a husky, the 75 looks like anther zenoah clone, how old is it?
I'd be really suss that it is 75cc.
Does it go better than the 62 I think you said you had?

I'd be really suss that it is 75cc.
Does it go better than the 62 I think you said you had?
Oh im 100% sure its not actual 75cc and the 62cc probably wasnt 62cc.

In regards to porting these saws what are people changing on them?

I think that maybe the 62cc saws are actually pretty much that - 61.5cc or there about, someone else will correct that!
I believe on the smaller zenoah clones, checking squish, and then upgrading the intake,and changing the carb to a husky 365 / 372 type seems to give the best performance upgrade, then maybe porting after that.
I'd love to see the specs on the carby in the 75cc , that saw really looks like a v1 baumr 62cc, but with a filter upgrade, I see they are advertised everywhere as 75 though with the "dual filtration" setup.
Does it have the easy pull start setup? Or is it direct pull?

I think that maybe the 62cc saws are actually pretty much that - 61.5cc or there about, someone else will correct that!
I believe on the smaller zenoah clones, checking squish, and then upgrading the intake,and changing the carb to a husky 365 / 372 type seems to give the best performance upgrade, then maybe porting after that.
I'd love to see the specs on the carby in the 75cc , that saw really looks like a v1 baumr 62cc, but with a filter upgrade, I see they are advertised everywhere as 75 though with the "dual filtration" setup.
Does it have the easy pull start setup? Or is it direct pull?
Its advertised as the easy pull start. And it is easy to start.
Ill get some more pics tomorrow. What else were you after?

Yeah for the 5200 style ones, be they 45, 52, or 58cc the best power with the least effort is to make sure it's a quad port cylinder, these have little fins on the very top of the cylinder like pointing up, then put a bigger diameter intake on it and a 372 carb. To do the 372 carb you just have to put the choke lever from the stock carb on 372 choke shaft and drill a hole on the throttle lever in the same spot as the stock carb. And make sure your squish is around 40thou some are right there out of the box, some are head tappers and some are not even close to hitting. In my experience the stock timing is pretty damn decent. Oh and if you have a 2 port muffler add a 3rd port the same size as the other two and if you have a 1 port muffler add a 2nd port the same size as the other. If you have a 3 port muffler get a 1 port and mod it, the 3 ports actually have the worse flow of the stock mufflers because the ports are tiny.

Oh im 100% sure its not actual 75cc and the 62cc probably wasnt 62cc.

In regards to porting these saws what are people changing on them?

One way to tell the size of the cylinder is to look for a number or brand cast on the base. Xbull saws advertised as 62cc say 52cc on the cylinder base.

The SX92 is a copy of a Husky 372 XP. It has a 50mm bore and 37MM stroke so is only 72cc. I have got one too and pulled it down to check bore and stroke. I have only altered the lower transfer ports and put a second outlet on the muffler which helped t a fair bit. I have got a 52mm cylinder to try on it one day when i get time. The SX 62 are very close to 62cc and the later quad transfer port cylinders are a lot better because the transfer ports are higher. I have ported earlier 62cc cylinders and ended up grinding through the casting trying to get the transfer ports high enough.

The sx75 says yinba on the carb
Looks like it has fins on top so its the quad port?
It has 5900 on the bottom side of the barrel so what cc is it?
And the 2 port exhaust
As for easy start how do you tell that?
b8e9dd14307fb3a71b569ceeb5ba83ed.jpg
18b10404660b5607d8186ad8d703dc6f.jpg

Thanks Thommo for that info,

B-man, I think that'd mean 59cc.
I have seriously had so little issue with the sx62 that I have never had the starter off, or the top cover or anything.

I will go and do it now though, just for info, from what I've seen though, the easy pull start on the bigger saws has an unusual shape starter cover, similar to that perla barb one I put up, the baumr definitely has an easier starter than the perla, but the perla is easier than the other Chinese saws I have.
I'd be a bit annoyed if I bought a 75cc saw that was clearly much smaller, but I guess it gets back to if you are happy with the price and performance, what's the loss?

Just to add that I'll probably now discover my 62 is actually 52... ! But as I said, I bought the saw to do a job, and it does, so I'm happy.

It has bigger bar and chain than the 62cc i had. Sound and cuts better, better air filter whick is the reason i got it and only cost me $125 and sold the 62cc for the same price So thats either saying the 62cc i had wasnt 62cc or this one is a better port and exhaust design. Either way im happy im not fussed about the cc if it does the job.

Latest posts

Back