Porting advice Husqvarna 181/288 hybrid

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hell ya that cuts pretty good! How's the compression feel? Hard to say exactly but it looks like your chain is a bit too aggressive. Let the saw rev out a little more by taking a smaller bit.

Yeah she’s a little aggressive. But the compression is crazy high. Almost hard to start so I’m gonna make a D-Ring pull handle for it. Also removing the governor really woke er up.
With the 181 head and velocity stack and slightly enlarged muffler hole, it was cutting that wood in about 10.5-11 seconds with the same chain.
Now it’s around 7.5-8 seconds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks so much man. You were spot on with all your numbers and she freaking rips now! Next saw will probably be my 357xp!

Just added the dual port so we’ll see if that helps out a bit!
bf9054d00e7004a4ec63b61235174cd5.mov

Thanks so much man. You were spot on with all your numbers and she freaking rips now! Next saw will probably be my 357xp!

Just added the dual port so we’ll see if that helps out a bit!
bf9054d00e7004a4ec63b61235174cd5.mov

It should, or at least make it sound badass

I’m running 3/8” .050” chain. And it was running fine in there. Is that the standard size that came on the 181 sprockets?

6466f2c4709fc1c0b7c9692a68e13266.mov

Did some grinding to get the top cover to fit. Then decided I wanted a second dog on the side cover so I made one. Mightttt have gone a little overboard with autocad and the plasma cutter.

6466f2c4709fc1c0b7c9692a68e13266.mov

Did some grinding to get the top cover to fit. Then decided I wanted a second dog on the side cover so I made one. Mightttt have gone a little overboard with autocad and the plasma cutter.

The sawpocalypse has arrived!

Why wouldn't your top cover fit?

Latest posts

Back