Porting the 394xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
is that factory dual port muffler.

i looked at the 394 schematic and orderd the deflector, didnt notice 2 of them.

saw sounds very very good.

You can see one of the ports here.

attachment.php

you couldnt reach the upper transfers with the round dremel stone like i did?

mine was chucked out as far as it would go and barel barly made it. i can imagine a bigger cylinder wouldnt allow it to reach.

you couldnt reach the upper transfers with the round dremel stone like i did?

mine was chucked out as far as it would go and barel barly made it. i can imagine a bigger cylinder wouldnt allow it to reach.

No I didn't try, I had it back together before I saw that, I may go back in for more, I think I need a larger diameter stone though.

i had couple stones, yeah you may need larger diameter one

i wish i could run mine soon. your dual ports smokn looks good

i noticed my 044 cylinder is marked stihl and has a little mahle marking kinda hideing, dang them,

havetn figured out yet if the stihl piston is mahle piston?

i had couple stones, yeah you may need larger diameter one

i wish i could run mine soon. your dual ports smokn looks good

i noticed my 044 cylinder is marked stihl and has a little mahle marking kinda hideing, dang them,

havetn figured out yet if the stihl piston is mahle piston?

Not sure about the make of the piston.

That's usually how I do all my muffler mods.

Parris you and me got more in common than you know I got some video yesterday of a motor that a friend and I built. I will post it soon as I can get it loaded.

The sound on the video wasnt so great but it is a 400 small block with about 600 hp. Were still in the process of putting the car together having problems with the steering because we converted it to power steering and now the column and shaft don't want to fit.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eyo5MIkay20&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eyo5MIkay20&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The sound on the video wasnt so great but it is a 400 small block with about 600 hp. Were still in the process of putting the car together having problems with the steering because we converted it to power steering and now the column and shaft don't want to fit.

Very nice. Both the car and the engine. My youger bro had 2 different 68 Camaros. One had a 350 with about 400 HP. Lots of fun.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eyo5MIkay20&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eyo5MIkay20&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Nice man. Ya I like cars too. I should upload a few vids of my old car I sold a few years ago.:cry:

Have you put this thing in the wood yet? What's the feedback on the WRP371? Have you given the JJ372 to the tree guys to try out?

There is a short vid above with it in some wood. I haven't heard about the 371 from the guy I sold it to, so it must be still running LOL LOL. I haven't let the tree guys try out the JJ372 yet, I wanted it broke in first, this week its getting a muffler port I hope, then next time I can make it out with them, I'll let them run it up against their 575xp. ha ha

390 thats a joke with 11/1 compression forged eagle flat top pistons a forged eagle crank and forged H beam rods all balanced and the top end is a set of pro topline heads that actually out flow the dart heads oh I could go on and on it also has a solid lift roller cam with about 730 lift. It should hit max power around 7,000 rpm.

But back to saws that 394 is sweet and should be a powerhouse look forward to some more video.

390 thats a joke with 11/1 compression forged eagle flat top pistons a forged eagle crank and forged H beam rods all balanced and the top end is a set of pro topline heads that actually out flow the dart heads oh I could go on and on it also has a solid lift roller cam with about 730 lift. It should hit max power around 7,000 rpm.

Sounds pretty healthy man. My dad used to have a 68ss 396 4sp Camaro, about 600hp.

I was making 250hp in a little Rover V8 215cu 3.5L, in a little Triumph sports car, that dam car was quick. I'll post up a vid.

Latest posts

Back