post a pic of your wood burner in use...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I guess you have had a few fires in that baby,
It has seen a lot of wood but seems less every year because of milder temps. I had it going a week ago but let it go out because it's too warm now. The last good burn was I think in 2018. Single digits at night and teens during the day for most of December. Then a milder week but still cold for our area, and back to the same for January. That short break came at the right time because ashes were starting to flow out the doors.

Taken a few minutes ago. Jotul F600 CB showing the secondary combustion system in the top of the stove. Those are stainless steel tubes with holes that deliver pre heated air that travels through a convoluted passageway cast into the stove. I get about a pint of dry flakes per year when chimney cleaning. Going on 20 years with no repairs not even a door gasket replaced. View attachment 951814
Fantastic. Nice stove. Both my Woodstock stoves have secondary catalytic combusters that do quite well. You are getting a bit less debris than I have over 24 years of use

what breed is the dog?
Field Bred English Springer Spaniel. (more white than liver or more white than black unlike the show spaniels which are just the opposite), the hair doesn't need trimming every 6 weeks like the show dogs, never seen a case of "Springer Rage" in them, don't have hip dysplasia problems, tail is only cropped 1/4 to 1/3, not the 3-4 vertebra stub that the show dogs have. Very biddable, depending on the genetics they can be VERY smart or semi smart. They are flushers, driving the bird up in the air to fly then they are supposed to sit down until told to continue on hunting or go retrieve the bird. Brittanys are pointers, pointing at the bird and waiting for the hunter to flush the bird. Still supposed to wait to retrieve the bird and not go off on their own (steady to wing and shot is what it's called).

I have my Quadra-Fire 4100 and a Bullard insert.
Homelite enthusiast in training [emoji879][/IMG]
1f8f128ed654660811732ca6cd6e4aa0.jpg
8f5e7141e65bb02198e97fbab9fce4b3.jpg

View attachment 952205
View attachment 952206
Here's the Yukon Big Jack that was installed when we built our house in 2010. Glad we put one in. Heating 3300 square feet with it. When it gets really cold I switch to coal.
View attachment 952208
Very nice. Noticed the water heater attached. Is that your only water heater or is that a supplement to another water heater?
We have a fire chief 700 that I purchased a hot water loop for but haven’t installed the loop yet. How does yours perform?

Very nice. Noticed the water heater attached. Is that your only water heater or is that a supplement to another water heater?
We have a fire chief 700 that I purchased a hot water loop for but haven’t installed the loop yet. How does yours perform?
Thanks. The water heater heats the 19 gallon electric heater to 100-110° in a 6-8 hour burn. The "probe" is 24" long and is placed in the hot air plenum. The warmed water then feeds into the supply on our primary electric water heater. It's hard to tell but I think it saves $20-30 a month.

Thanks. The water heater heats the 19 gallon electric heater to 100-110° in a 6-8 hour burn. The "probe" is 24" long and is placed in the hot air plenum. The warmed water then feeds into the supply on our primary electric water heater. It's hard to tell but I think it saves $20-30 a month.
Thanks for the info! That is very helpful.

Fire Chief forced air outdoor wood furnace. Works pretty good. Heats the garage and house. Really like having the garage at 70° when it's -2° with wind where I'm at right now.

Attachments

• IMG_20220106_063641.jpg
    IMG_20220106_063641.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20220106_063659.jpg
    IMG_20220106_063659.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 25
Back