Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well i got all those logs split (including 3 monsters at least 30 inches across) but i found out a 4'x4' section of my maple stack fell :(

had to spend 30 minutes restacking it tonight.

well i got all those logs split (including 3 monsters at least 30 inches across) but i found out a 4'x4' section of my maple stack fell :(

Why post your fails though, it makes you less awesome eh!

That is what kids are good for :laugh:

if MC Escher had a woodpile...

attachment.php

...this would be it...sweet!

This is my splitting area and my just in time stack of red oak under watchful security by my pup.

Small stuff compared to most of the pictures here.
Just my little corner of PA

Cool pics! Looks like you won't be running out of any trees any time soon! That's the way to stack 'em, live, on the hoof! They stay fresher that way!

Here is a small representation of this years wood for sale this winter. It is hard to get it all in pictures since it is all spread out. I have about 10 more cords at my father in laws house that I gave him this year, so I am estimating I cut around 45 cord this year. This is likely my last year selling wood since I am starting nursing school this fall, and from what I have heard it is intensive. Almost all of this is from logging, blow downs, and clearing for new construction.

Thanks
Dan

Here is a small representation of this years wood for sale this winter. It is hard to get it all in pictures since it is all spread out. I have about 10 more cords at my father in laws house that I gave him this year, so I am estimating I cut around 45 cord this year. This is likely my last year selling wood since I am starting nursing school this fall, and from what I have heard it is intensive. Almost all of this is from logging, blow downs, and clearing for new construction.

Thanks
Dan
241281d1339382986-100_1060-jpg

Now I know where to get Hickory!!! Trade ya some Hedge for it!!!
:msp_sneaky:

Thanks
Dan

Wow nice wood pile! How long with you heat with that pile for ?

Shane logs,

This wood is all for customers, I will be using hedge from a different stack for my personal use. I am going to nursing school as an older student, and use the extra money from wood sales to supplement my winter income so I can stay in school. I also like that it can keep me in shape. I also supply all of the wood for my parents and my wifes parents as a sort of thank you for all they have done for us.
Thanks
Dan

It works pretty good. Its 28' long. Every once in a while, a piece gets jammed in sideways at the top of the conveyer, and you have to unjam it. Best part is I only paid $500 for it, and it came with a gas motor (currently on it) and a electric motor.

It works pretty good. Its 28' long. Every once in a while, a piece gets jammed in sideways at the top of the conveyer, and you have to unjam it. Best part is I only paid $500 for it, and it came with a gas motor (currently on it) and a electric motor.

Thanks 2treeornot2tree, Sounds like a pretty good deal for you!

Shane logs,

This wood is all for customers, I will be using hedge from a different stack for my personal use. I am going to nursing school as an older student, and use the extra money from wood sales to supplement my winter income so I can stay in school. I also like that it can keep me in shape. I also supply all of the wood for my parents and my wifes parents as a sort of thank you for all they have done for us.
Thanks
Dan

Good luck @ nursing school. It's not all that bad you'll still have some time for workin up some wood.

Guys…
My plan was to have all my splittin’ by now, but it ain’t happenin’ this year.
I’ve just had way too many other projects and things goin’ on this spring.
Likely another three of the long stacks sittin’ in rounds out in the woodlot yet.
Appears I’ll still be splittin’, haulin’ and stackin’ into July this year... it’s gonna’ be hot work.
So anyway, here are the updated pictures (so far)… I’ll do another in July when I finish.

JULY
234500d1334886583-julypile-jpg

OCTOBER
234501d1334886593-octoberpile-jpg

FEBRUARY
221698d1328363992-udws1-fixed-jpg

JUNE
attachment.php

239287d1337862807-ashpl1-jpg

I also supply all of the wood for my parents and my wifes parents as a sort of thank you for all they have done for us.
Thanks
Dan

Dan, there are few things that we don't do often enough in life, and one of them you just nailed probably the most important one right there. Thanking those who were there to help us. Well said.

Back