Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Homemade shed !

View attachment 242156

View attachment 242157

Pics of the shed I started building, using local Poplar from where I cut my firewood. Recycled the tonneau cover from my pickup (for the roof), the top of which will be a hideout for the kids to play and spy on the neighbors. Hope to get the 3 walls finished, just leaving the doors to be rigged and hung.

It wasn't meant to be water- or weather-tight, only the quad and lawnmower/trimmer/gas cans will be in there anyway, just a place to keep them stored, and out of sight.

View attachment 242156

View attachment 242157

Pics of the shed I started building, using local Poplar from where I cut my firewood. Recycled the tonneau cover from my pickup (for the roof), the top of which will be a hideout for the kids to play and spy on the neighbors. Hope to get the 3 walls finished, just leaving the doors to be rigged and hung.

It wasn't meant to be water- or weather-tight, only the quad and lawnmower/trimmer/gas cans will be in there anyway, just a place to keep them stored, and out of sight.

Sweet little shed there, I like how it looks without the bark on the wood. At least now you can keep the wood dry if a monsoon decides to form on your lake :hmm3grin2orange:

Pre split. Scavanging from craigslist, side of the road from downed trees from last octobers storm on the way home from work. The long stuff in the back was from the side of the road. After work just pull off in to the brush and start cutting until the bed is full. Strap down and head home 8 bed fulls, 6 3/4foot bed.

75 percent is black locust. Some white oak, ash, maple on the right, and some 2 year old pin oak hiding behind the pile of rounds.

View attachment 242221
View attachment 242222

after two full days with the splitter.

Last edited:
Pre split. Scavanging from craigslist, side of the road from downed trees from last octobers storm on the way home from work. The long stuff in the back was from the side of the road. After work just pull off in to the brush and start cutting until the bed is full. Strap down and head home 8 bed fulls, 6 3/4foot bed.

75 percent is black locust. Some white oak, ash, maple on the right, and some 2 year old pin oak hiding behind the pile of rounds.

View attachment 242209
View attachment 242210

View attachment 242212
View attachment 242213
View attachment 242215

Time to stack now!!! :rock:

242223d1340043905-181267_10101226703617919_1022040435_n-jpg

242224d1340043908-282867_10101226703887379_333576675_n-jpg

242225d1340043934-542305_10101226703807539_1339753837_n-jpg

Geez , I dunno , it sure looks like you left a few cord of wood unsplit and standing in the middle of your piles :laugh:

View attachment 242221
View attachment 242222

.....you got yourself a mighty fine wood pile going there, will there be pics of it stacked soon?:hmm3grin2orange:

View attachment 242221
View attachment 242222

Good work...way 2 go!:clap:

Fiskars refurb attempt

My supersplitter has long worn out the teflon, plus the original edge. In an attempt to refurb it, I cleaned it well, put on a new edge, and tried some of the spray on graphite treatment, rattle can stuff from TSC.

Here's what it looked like after around 30 hours drying outside

attachment.php

It felt like a new axe again, got that old slick POP back, really reduced the friction, but...the stuff wears off. Here it is after two evenings light splitting, not a lot of wood, but some. I can tell it is getting "stickier" again. I'll look for some different spray on stuff. If I had to do it over again, start with a brand new axe with the full factory coating, and use spray on over that before the first strike into wood.

attachment.php

Bonus pics! Fiskars Man with his farmer's tan! and now with a half a bushel less Beard 0 flauge!

attachment.php

Garden Goddess with her first tomato of the season!

attachment.php

Love the pic of fiskars Man:rock:

Fiskars Man, Swamp Superheraux!

me, voice mode=ventura "Why... swinging the fiskars will make you a sexual tyrannosaur"!

Garden Goddess voice mode=laughing hysterically "*snort* In your dreams, geezer! You're 60, not 16"! HAHAHAHAHA

me "...err, well..ya..."

hehehehehehe

Bonus pics! Fiskars Man with his farmer's tan! and now with a half a bushel less Beard 0 flauge!

attachment.php

THAT THERE'S WHAT MY GRANDMA USED TO CALL A "GO TO HELL OUTFIT".

View attachment 242221
View attachment 242222

WTF is Bob Villa doing in your woodpile!!??

Part of the stash...1.75 cords of white and red oak...just ciphered it all out tonite..I have 7 cords stacked and drying so far.

woodpile.jpg

Latest posts

Back