Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This year's start. Three loads so far, the first two loads were a bit light but I got a late start both days. There is about a cord and a half on the ground there and about a cord in the truck.

Nice!:msp_smile:

You got some nice lookin' rounds there..... :msp_thumbup:

311759-first-two-loads-ground-jpg

Just built a limb cutting table. Tree guy brings limbs in 4 to 8ft lenghts. Hope this saves lots of stooping. Just sat it on some oak logs so I can change the height. To hot out this week to try it out.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk 2

You got some nice lookin' rounds there..... :msp_thumbup:

311759-first-two-loads-ground-jpg

Thanks :). It's going to be next year's firewood although I need to do some moving of wood around in my racks in the yard.

I actually have a couple Red Fir trees with all yellow needles spotted for this weekend that are bigger than anything else I've cut this year. I'm hoping to remember my Tripod and camera so I can film cutting them down. Typically most of the trees I cut are somewhere around 16-26" at the base so you get some pretty nice rounds. Although a few years ago we cut one that was 36+ at the base and it filled 3 pickups.

what we started with (over a year ago) about 57" in diameter

where we stand now. not quite to the wood pile but getting closer

yes that is a 36" bar on the 660

Last edited:
what we started with (over a year ago) about 57" in diameter

where we stand now. not quite to the wood pile but getting closer

yes that is a 36" bar on the 660

No idea how I missed this, but that's nice! You know it's a good sized tree when the rounds look like cookies!

Latest posts

Back