Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is one of 4 piles I worked up for this season. This pile is 90' long and is all oak

That is a HEAP 0 wood right there, and you got 4 of them? Way cool!

Hoping to crack the 100 cord mark for the first time ever. I know I've easily hit the mark when I include the 17 cords I have under cover for the wood boiler. The sellable wood I hope to have gone by Christmas.

Nice looking wood piles! I just have never understood why people noodle these things. That's what the log splitter is for, but each to their own. I wish wood was so easy to find around where I live.

Nice looking wood piles! I just have never understood why people noodle these things. That's what the log splitter is for, but each to their own. I wish wood was so easy to find around where I live.

Noodles make great dog bedding. I have six dogs.. takes a lot of bedding... :yoyo:

As long as that round is round, it'll roll right up under the wedge... <ducking> :popcorn:

he round has to be perfectly round and the ground has to be perfectly flat. and what happens after you flop it down and split it once? no you have to move it to split it again. i used to poo poo noodling, then i got into big wood and green oak

Maybe later I can get some more wood pile pics up. Oh happy birthday Randy (NHlocal) :clap:

what he said. i can't move a 48+" round to the splitter. i can barely move a chunk of it to the splitter

Oh heck, just take an axe to it if it's in a 16 or 18 inch thick round.

For grins I did these in 4 foot oak rounds that ranged from 18 to 24 inches across:
IMG_0574_zps6f4dbd67.jpg

The two in the right foreground were my steps to get up to the proper height.
IMG_0576_zpsafd59f38.jpg

Oh heck, just take an axe to it if it's in a 16 or 18 inch thick round.

For grins I did these in 4 foot oak rounds that ranged from 18 to 24 inches across:
IMG_0574_zps6f4dbd67.jpg

The two in the right foreground were my steps to get up to the proper height.
IMG_0576_zpsafd59f38.jpg

You are living dangerously, girl, I would probably loose my balance, fall off the stump and crack my head.:msp_scared::dizzy:
I do like splitting by hand, though.:rock:

Ron

:clap: nice work... BUT... That Yoda.. That's one sweet rig.. what can you tell us about it?? Year?? Gears? tire size? sweet rig man..:msp_wub:

Thank you! It's a 1989 Toyota and my dad and I put a Chevy 350 small block 4-bolt roller motor in it. It has a Griffing radiator in it and lots done to it. Aluminum rims, 36" Super Swamper TSL SX tires, 3" body lift, roll bar, etc. etc. My dad and I have put a lot of time and money in it. It goes anywhere in the wood and is a lot of fun!

Latest posts

Back