Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 313682

Not the biggest pile, just started cutting to sell a week ago. Its a little messy due to me splitting today. there is some seasoned ash, and maple, along with some green ash there. going to stack it all tomorrow.

A few weeks back I posted splitter pics of my work in progress.

Here's 6 cords ready to go. About half is ready for this season with the rest of the freshly cut wood in reserve for next year (this is the cabin-I burn wood only on weekends so more than enough). The hot weather over the past three weeks is sure helping the drying too.

Wife and little guy were big help. Older boys helped a little bit too.

View attachment 313764

View attachment 313765

I've got about another 5 cords in rounds and another 5 cords of dead/dying aspen standing on the property. Going to split the rounds this fall, drop the dead ones this winter, and split the rest in the spring. Then I'll have plenty of firewood for a long time and no more dead branches to look at. :)

A few weeks back I posted splitter pics of my work in progress.

Here's 6 cords ready to go. About half is ready for this season with the rest of the freshly cut wood in reserve for next year (this is the cabin-I burn wood only on weekends so more than enough). The hot weather over the past three weeks is sure helping the drying too.

Wife and little guy were big help. Older boys helped a little bit too.

I've got about another 5 cords in rounds and another 5 cords of dead/dying aspen standing on the property. Going to split the rounds this fall, drop the dead ones this winter, and split the rest in the spring. Then I'll have plenty of firewood for a long time and no more dead branches to look at. :)

Nice neat stacks, you're hired!

heheheheheheh

Nice neat stacks, you're hired!

I'm far from perfect but got a lot of practice in my youth.

At our hunting shack we had a MAJOR A-hole neighbor. Among other things, our woodpile would get knocked over EVERY year. Guess who got to restack it....

I finally cut a deal with my dad and the other guys that I would do all of the cutting and splitting but wouldnt be responsible for any stacking/restacking.

2014 -2015 Wood Started

Here's a bit of White Ash, Black Cherry and a little Basswood. Cutting old fence lines intruding in to my meadows.

Nice stuff. :rock:

Remember...Fence lines=Hardware. :bang:

Yeah, tell me about it. The biggest suck about cutting fence lines is the inevitable encounters between the chain and the old barbed wire. Never a pleasant experience when that happens. :monkey:

Yeah, tell me about it. The biggest suck about cutting fence lines is the inevitable encounters between the chain and the old barbed wire. Never a pleasant experience when that happens. :monkey:

That's pretty much where I cut everything... Fence wire is not good, but t-posts are waaaaayyy worse!!!

Bout time you stopped by...

I coulda used some help last weekend, well maybe just moral support :D My buddy and his 2 boys helped me last Saturday to put a whoop ass on the log pile I herded up this spring, 6 1/2 cord....I even cooked the burgers at 8pm when we were done :rock:

2 rows 24' long and 2 across the front.....nother 6 to go :rock:

Last edited:
Had plenty of weight left, barley hitting the helper springs. Another 1,000 lbs?

Man, that's some beef there! You throw them chunks up there? Gotta be some close to 200 lbers in that stack.

some (okay 2 that fell off) the tractor did the rest

Had plenty of weight left, barley hitting the helper springs. Another 1,000 lbs?

better to go back a second time than break something the first time. i think that it was solidly on the helpers ()the ball hitch was a good 5" lower loaded than when empty

Killing it with some help of Wes a tree pro from Rockville MD. Nothing but white oak.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I guess I had a few beers and forgot to add the pics.

Back