Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
some (okay 2 that fell off) the tractor did the rest

better to go back a second time than break something the first time. i think that it was solidly on the helpers ()the ball hitch was a good 5" lower loaded than when empty

I will second that... I have broke way to many things by getting "those last few rounds" on top!!
I have broke springs before as well as sheared off all of the lug studs off on the left rear tire before! (I can still see the gouge in the road where my backing plate was sliding.) Lucky I was only going 35 instead of 55!!

Yep I have learned my lesson!

Oh and nice load of wood by the way!

0926131835.jpg

Here is My BIL pile for this year, each row is @6 feet high and 20 feet long, logs are 18 inches. Ill grab a pic of my pile soon.

Free Wood!

I will be giving this wood away. I have read on here that firewood must be stacked, ranked, bark up, bark down, measured, leveled, and properly stored to be any good. I haven't done any of that so I can only assume this is not worth keeping...

9703368046_41da17878b_c.jpg

I will be giving this wood away. I have read on here that firewood must be stacked, ranked, bark up, bark down, measured, leveled, and properly stored to be any good. I haven't done any of that so I can only assume this is not worth keeping...

9703368046_41da17878b_c.jpg

Should I pm my address, so you know where you are going to deliver it?

You guys are supplying some serious motivation!

I was lurking on here a little bit last year and came back today after some cutting and splitting. Here's a couple pics of the wood shed my dad built a couple years ago. It holds about 5 1/2 cords packed to the gills. One is from earlier today and one is from last year. We have about 12 wooded acres to keep it full and every piece has been cut with a Husquavarna and split by hand via Fiscars splitting axe/ mull/ sledge.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...58519532.91677.100002229423305&type=1&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...58519532.91677.100002229423305&type=3&theater

EDIT:: I'm not seeing a button for attachments so I put a link to the pics I posted to my facebook... hopefully they come up

I was lurking on here a little bit last year and came back today after some cutting and splitting. Here's a couple pics of the wood shed my dad built a couple years ago. It holds about 5 1/2 cords packed to the gills. One is from earlier today and one is from last year. We have about 12 wooded acres to keep it full and every piece has been cut with a Husquavarna and split by hand via Fiscars splitting axe/ mull/ sledge.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...58519532.91677.100002229423305&type=1&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...58519532.91677.100002229423305&type=3&theater

EDIT:: I'm not seeing a button for attachments so I put a link to the pics I posted to my facebook... hopefully they come up

ha! I like your tractor weights!

Don't post here much but have been lurking on and off for a few years. Finally took some pic's of my wood spliting set up and stacks. Have about 10 cords stacked which should hold me for 2+ years - use 4-5 cords a year so far. Only been burning for 2 years, so it's a little early to know what an average winter is. Unfortunately, I have to dry my wood in the shade - no sunny areas other than in my front yard by the road. Anyway, love to see how others cut, haul, split, stack their wood; always looking for a better way.

Attachments

• Galaxy S4 Summer 2013 027.jpg
    Galaxy S4 Summer 2013 027.jpg
    343.9 KB · Views: 141
  • 20130916_155059.jpg
    20130916_155059.jpg
    347.8 KB · Views: 122
Don't post here much but have been lurking on and off for a few years. Finally took some pic's of my wood spliting set up and stacks. Have about 10 cords stacked which should hold me for 2+ years - use 4-5 cords a year so far. Only been burning for 2 years, so it's a little early to know what an average winter is. Unfortunately, I have to dry my wood in the shade - no sunny areas other than in my front yard by the road. Anyway, love to see how others cut, haul, split, stack their wood; always looking for a better way.

I think that is a good idea using the extra pallets at the top before the tarp to make sure you have good airflow. I am starting to do that this year myself, been acumulating lightweight pallets just for that purpose. they aren't good enough t6o stack wood on, but plenty good enough to hold the plastic up!

I think that is a good idea using the extra pallets at the top before the tarp to make sure you have good airflow. I am starting to do that this year myself, been acumulating lightweight pallets just for that purpose. they aren't good enough t6o stack wood on, but plenty good enough to hold the plastic up!

Yeah, just started doing that this year after I saw it here (and I found a good source for used pallets. Don't have pallets on all my stacks yet, but will as they turn over.

Being so overloaded with my "part time" tree work(and I'll never complain about that), and now recovering from surgery, finally got some more wood hauled up to stack into my wood shed. I think I'll need another load or two to finish it off..... ;)

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Still having trouble getting new post updates from here, anyone else??? :msp_confused:

Attachments

• IMG_9023.jpg
    IMG_9023.jpg
    319 KB · Views: 402
  • IMG_9025.jpg
    IMG_9025.jpg
    323.5 KB · Views: 404
  • IMG_9026.jpg
    IMG_9026.jpg
    324.7 KB · Views: 401
Seems to be coming back, I'm getting some notices but not all. I still can't "like" anything yet, though.

Back