Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice, just like money in the bank..... ;)

317480-271.jpg

That didnt work?! Look back a few pages and see my demon pile.

Pics showed up fine!

After that outside first row, that is raised by the horizontal pieces, and you get to the next interior row..do you start that row the same with horizontal cross pieces, to get the lift and tilt in?

Bummer. :msp_sad:"Almost" recovered from my surgery so I did some stackin', still gonna need "a bit" more to fill 'er up.....

attachment.php

.....and I got some raking to do also..... :hmm3grin2orange:

I do have a question for you. How in the world do you manage to have such straight uniform splits? N then with just a tiny pile of oddball splits to boot?

I was thinking the same thing!

If you measure the big trunk wood and cut real careful and real perpendicular/square you can do it. Takea bit more effort then guesstimate and just whack it.

I kinda sorta measure big trunk wood now, it isn't perfect, but you do get more uniform splits.

If you measure the big trunk wood and cut real careful and real perpendicular/square you can do it. Takea bit more effort then guesstimate and just whack it.

I kinda sorta measure big trunk wood now, it isn't perfect, but you do get more uniform splits.

After cutting a bunch of large rounds about 3/4" too long for the splitter and having to trim each one I started measuring too. A 23 1/2" piece of broom handle painted fluorescent orange and a can of marking paint. Doesn't take long and ensures relatively even pieces that actually fit on the splitter!

I've made a wall of wood to hide my splitting area, it's hard to see how much wood is behind it unless you come over and check, so it keeps the neighbors guessing. Unless the woodpiles start to get bigger than the wall like on the picture. It still needs to be stacked as a second row in the wall and I haven't figured out yet where the rest is going. Probably the last wood I've split this year. Have some construction left-overs (on the right on the picture) that I need to cut up and then some work on my equipment. Hopefully starting with firewood again around February. I've got enough for a couple of years but I just need to have my hands on a chainsaw a few months a year.

02112013167resize.jpg

Latest posts

Back