Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve, can I borrow your Stihl? I need to get this old Oak chunked up. It's around 14-16 feet long.
My little 18" 025 is a bit shy in the bar department.

attachment.php

Sure!

Steve, can I borrow your Stihl? I need to get this old Oak chunked up. It's around 14-16 feet long.

attachment.php

Hey man, just get after it and take your time, razor sharp chain and don't push or lean on the saw.
I do 'em that size with my 026 and a 20-inch bar... one chunk at a time.
Just take a gander at the log I'm sittin' on in my profile picture.

profilepic57106_2.gif

Hey man, just get after it and take your time, razor sharp chain and don't push or lean on the saw.
I do 'em that size with my 026 and a 20-inch bar... one chunk at a time.
Just take a gander at the log I'm sittin' on in my profile picture.

profilepic57106_2.gif

That's a pretty healthy stick. I'll get around to it one of these days. I was just lookin' for an excuse
to buy a bigger saw.

attachment.php

The more I look at that log, the more I think I could noodle that thing up into perfect 4x4x16 chunks, and have a truck load of awesome bedding for the show cattle left over... Don't think my sawbuck would hold it though...:msp_confused:

The more I look at that log, the more I think I could noodle that thing up into perfect 4x4x16 chunks, and have a truck load of awesome bedding for the show cattle left over... Don't think my sawbuck would hold it though...:msp_confused:

This log came here on a big roll-back. The driver had a hard time keeping the front wheels on the ground. It's been on
the ground for quite a while. It's probably a lot lighter than it used to be. It hasn't gotten much smaller. The original
plan was to saw it up. It's wouldn't fit on the WoodMiser.

This log came here on a big roll-back. The driver had a hard time keeping the front wheels on the ground. It's been on
the ground for quite a while. It's probably a lot lighter than it used to be. It hasn't gotten much smaller. The original
plan was to saw it up. It's wouldn't fit on the WoodMiser.

That is a pretty big tree, Looks to be in decent shape ( no rot ) and everything. Saw it up and then it is stove ready :)

I still can't believe I offered to let you borrow my 460 & you declined, just because you're 1000 miles away. MD crabs & MD tomatoes are worth the drive, even w/o the saw...

Yea, but you forgot it's a double round trip. Up, back, up, back, unless you're just gonna leave
that saw here with me. I'd take REAL good care of it. We'll be making a trip to Maine later this
year. My Mrs. is a reformed Mainer (no accent). She still has a thing for "lobstah" and clams.

Oh, we got tomatoes, tons of tomatoes. No, we don't have crabs ;o)

Yea, but you forgot it's a double round trip. Up, back, up, back, unless you're just gonna leave
that saw here with me. I'd take REAL good care of it. We'll be making a trip to Maine later this
year. My Mrs. is a reformed Mainer (no accent). She still has a thing for "lobstah" and clams.

Leave Maine, head South, stop by here, turn Right... You'll be home in A FEW DAYS.

Leave Maine, head South, stop by here, turn Right... You'll be home in A FEW DAYS.

A few days? Jeez, we make the 1350 or so miles run to Maine in about 20 hours. I don't know exactly where
in MD you are located, but it takes about 14 hours to get here from Elkton.

I'll have to talk to the Mrs.

A few days? Jeez, we make the 1350 or so miles run to Maine in about 20 hours. I don't know exactly where
in MD you are located, but it takes about 14 hours to get here from Elkton.

I'll have to talk to the Mrs.

Elkton, MD?... half hour

Then you can stop by my place when your in Maine and we can destroy some logs :msp_tongue:

Elkton, MD?... half hour

We spent many a weekend at the (now ex-) Petro there. But that's another story.

Then you can stop by my place when your in Maine and we can destroy some logs :msp_tongue:

Thanks for the invite. That'd be fun.
I've been to Calais. It's a long a$$ drive up US1. No offense, but that IS like BFE. Quaint little town though. I liked it.
We'd probably live in ME if we could afford the land prices and the taxes. The Mrs. folks live near Rockland. They were
both born up that way.

We spent many a weekend at the (now ex-) Petro there. But that's another story.

Thanks for the invite. That'd be fun.
I've been to Calais. It's a long a$$ drive up US1. No offense, but that IS like BFE. Quaint little town though. I liked it.
We'd probably live in ME if we could afford the land prices and the taxes. The Mrs. folks live near Rockland. They were
both born up that way.

It would be a good time, Yes, Calais is quite a ways up here. It is a sleepy little town for sure.

Latest posts

Back