Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never measure to see how big the pile really is, but is 100% craigslist scores. Have another few pallets of fresh split getting sun in another part of the yard. All split with an X27, and hauled with that wheel barrow.
G5kq6.jpg

LXD7P.jpg

Small odds and ends
ZjXCN.jpg

Never measure to see how big the pile really is, but is 100% craigslist scores. Have another few pallets of fresh split getting sun in another part of the yard. All split with an X27, and hauled with that wheel barrow.
G5kq6.jpg

LXD7P.jpg

Small odds and ends
ZjXCN.jpg

Looks good, Looks like you got some nice scores there from CL! Hand splitting is the way to go. I also like you uglie bin.

Well, that's it for stack moving for now, 2 1/2 cords of red & white oak stacked up in there for deep winter, 3 more cords out on the hill if Ma Nature decides to get even for last winter, but I'd prefer to not need em this year..

attachment.php

My little stack of fresh cut looks awful lonely out there, better find it some friends. Now where oh where can I find some wood to cut?
(No, that ain't my thumb. Sometimes the shutter on my camera doesn't open all the way and I don't catch it.)

attachment.php

Ah ha! Right there, conveniently located right by the stacks. Inconveniently, they lean out over the road. I'll get the area ready, and maybe drop a couple little cottonwoods that are in the way, tomorrow. Hopefully this weekend I can rustle up some help to block the road (just to be safe) and run the pull tractor.

attachment.php

Well, that's it for stack moving for now, 2 1/2 cords of red & white oak stacked up in there for deep winter, 3 more cords out on the hill if Ma Nature decides to get even for last winter, but I'd prefer to not need em this year..

attachment.php

My little stack of fresh cut looks awful lonely out there, better find it some friends. Now where oh where can I find some wood to cut?
(No, that ain't my thumb. Sometimes the shutter on my camera doesn't open all the way and I don't catch it.)

attachment.php

Ah ha! Right there, conveniently located right by the stacks. Inconveniently, they lean out over the road. I'll get the area ready, and maybe drop a couple little cottonwoods that are in the way, tomorrow. Hopefully this weekend I can rustle up some help to block the road (just to be safe) and run the pull tractor.

attachment.php

Looks like you got some fun ahead of ya, Steve!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

.....will we have the privilege of seeing video of that coming down??? :msp_drool::msp_w00t::biggrinbounce2:

.....will we have the privilege of seeing video of that coming down??? :msp_drool::msp_w00t::biggrinbounce2:

It's very likely. Talked to some friends yesterday, and we're in the process of planning a wood cutting day over Labor Day weekend. We've got those trees, a tree or 5 at a friend's parents house, and a couple others to do. Beer & bacon to follow. Anyone local that wants to come play (and take home some free wood if you're so inclined) is invited as well.

Between now and then I've got lots of little odds and ends to clean up to keep me occupied, and a wall full of freshly sharpened chains from a 5 hour grinder session last night. Who knew I had so many chains laying around?

It's very likely. Talked to some friends yesterday, and we're in the process of planning a wood cutting day over Labor Day weekend. We've got those trees, a tree or 5 at a friend's parents house, and a couple others to do. Beer & bacon to follow. Anyone local that wants to come play (and take home some free wood if you're so inclined) is invited as well.

Between now and then I've got lots of little odds and ends to clean up to keep me occupied, and a wall full of freshly sharpened chains from a 5 hour grinder session last night. Who knew I had so many chains laying around?

I can believe it... I counted 9 loops of 3/8 .063 chain on one of the hooks... I don't even have an 18" bar...
I think they're my BIL's... :laugh:

I can believe it... I counted 9 loops of 3/8 .063 chain on one of the hooks... I don't even have an 18" bar...
I think they're my BIL's... :laugh:

I've got chains that fit stuff I used to own, stuff I don't own, and stuff I'll have to buy just to use the chains :D Of course, no extras for the P-41S that needed one in the worst way.

Old bar and old chain works good!

Old b&c or not, stumping is hell on saws. Lots of heat and dirt working right next to the ground like that. I've done it, but don't care to if it can be avoided. 1/2 day rental on a stump grinder is less than a new P&C on a saw...

Old b&c or not, stumping is hell on saws. Lots of heat and dirt working right next to the ground like that. I've done it, but don't care to if it can be avoided. 1/2 day rental on a stump grinder is less than a new P&C on a saw...

I've got a couple old b/c just for that purpose. Both well worn, but I can still keep the chain sharp.

attachment.php

My heavy hitters got a fresh sharpening and longer bars for the next big project this week... It's a biggun...:msp_wink:

Need em' to cut this up... I hit the mother load of Pecan...

I just recently gave up on a big pecan, not quite that big, but it was about 34" through. The way the tree co. fell it it's just too difficult to get what's left out by myself without any equipment. One of these days I will have all I need, but for now I will have to let the big stuff lie unless I can drum up some help. I ended up with four pickup loads which is good, but there is about six more good loads that will rot.

I guess you did. That's quite a tree. That'll keep someone in firewood for a while. Any decent millable stuff in it?

Don't know if any is worthy of milling... It's worth about 200 a cord for BBQ wood around here... Maybe I should talk to Dave B. south of me to see if he;d want any of the burly sections for table tops...

Latest posts

Back