Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just recently gave up on a big pecan, not quite that big, but it was about 34" through. The way the tree co. fell it it's just too difficult to get what's left out by myself without any equipment. One of these days I will have all I need, but for now I will have to let the big stuff lie unless I can drum up some help. I ended up with four pickup loads which is good, but there is about six more good loads that will rot.

I'm gonna estimate this base at about 5'... But I promise to get a tape on it and post a pic on this thread...

Dayumm Matt - that's a big feller. I'm working the other end of the spectrum, cutting brush - 1" DBH if that.

i don't get why you guys kill yourself for the monsters... I guess I'm spoiled with the wood that I get that I can be choosier. nothing over 30" diameter any more, hell even 24". just not worth the sore back and chains that seem to melt by the time you finish a cut.

i don't get why you guys kill yourself for the monsters... I guess I'm spoiled with the wood that I get that I can be choosier. nothing over 30" diameter any more, hell even 24". just not worth the sore back and chains that seem to melt by the time you finish a cut.

It's the fact that it's a Pecan tree... That and I'm the only one in our little area with saws big enough to make quick work out of it... See, we don't have any Hickory or Sugar maple around my place. So 5 or 6 cord of good smoking wood is a real prize for me...:msp_rolleyes:

Got big stuff to cut! Got work! You can do it with a smaller saw, but why beat on the saw?

I just got done running "Rhino" my cs8000 echo in some pretty beefy big pine. Wouldn't want to limb with it all day, but it sure do get the job done in a hurry! I have two big oaks coming up around 40-48" DBH most likely, dead tree in my yard and another in the pasture where the cows hang out. I have to take them down before they fall down. Once down, oak, what's not to like, in the stacks it goes! Loading big ones isn't too bad because I can tote them around with the tractor cargo box. Lower to ground, roll or flop in anything, no lifting up to tailgate height required. I've had a few I had to quarter or halve before I could budge them, but that's not hard...nice to have a big saw for that, too. And it adds up! I I got to touch it, in the stacks it goes! One inch to four feet, don't care.....and if I get bigger than that, don't care either, I like sawing stuff! Woodrobics, feel the burn! hahahahahaha!

Besides, I like the looks on my boss's face when he drives by and sees me splitting giant rounds with the fiskars!

Like a railroad spike??? Or a clothes line hook???
:hmm3grin2orange:

Hehehe. Not exactly what I had in mind. I was thinking maybe veneer or furniture grade. I have no idea where the tree was standing so I wouldn't venture a guess as to what else might be in there. Hopefully nothing. Not even ants. ;o)

attachment.php

My heavy hitters got a fresh sharpening and longer bars for the next big project this week... It's a biggun...:msp_wink:

.....I like the saw stand in the back ground, very nice.....:msp_thumbup:

Latest posts

Back