Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some pecan I've been messing with
5fc941ff9554db91c8881554ed8aaa57.jpg
4b5d48a4fef4c614969a35f70f901e5a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
What do you do with all the wood.
Looks real nice for smoking.

Ty , and the tarp is one of my dads old 18 wheeler tarps, its very heavy but it does better then the blue , lightweight tarps
I'm sure it does, I have one on my big split pile, I like that orange but I bet my neighbors wouldn't lol.
The blue tarps don't last very long, heavy truck tarps or billboard vinyl are the way to go from what I've seen here.

Loads 1 & 2 for the season. All basswood pulled down because it was leaning over a cabin at my parents place. It will still burn!
a057cbf5b7ea50d669b8bcc28c808099.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Here's another thought.
You could advertise some of the Basswood as carving wood on Kijiji or Craig's list and see if you get a bite.
I sold a couple Butternut trees I had blocked into rounds from a buddy's cottage that had fallen in a storm.
Got a decent price for them too at around $150 per tree and the carver picked them up too.
Of course I bought him coffee the next day...lol.

I planned on splitting Friday/this weekend so Friday I untarped the last of the rounds I'm working on as well as the splitter, well plans changes as I picked up a grading job and I had to go get the power rake. This morning I realize the wood and the splitter is out in the rain :rare2:. The good thing is that the gas can spout is under the frame of the splitter so it shouldn't have any water in it :clap:.
Hope you're all having a great weekend.

Because I'm always testing saws and chains.

It is :cheers:.

I don't have a lot of room up front to store split wood. The large pile(pile 1) I have will need to be moved/sold so I have a place to put trusses for the pole barn I want to build so I've been hesitant to add much to it. I have at least another 10 cords of red oak rounds out back(pile 2) and 12 or so of various logs(pile 3) out back, then about 3 cords of black locust rounds(pile 4) as well as many dead standing locust trees on the property. I only burn 3.5-4 cord a yr heating almost 100% with wood, we've never started the furnace and been here 9 winter seasons, we do have a pellet stove that does help when it's real cold so the wood stove doesn't have to work to hard, but it's only for a few bags a yr.
Here's a couple test from this week, all different saws, two with the same bar/chain.
Videos of the woodpile splitting area :D.

Where is your ppe?

Latest posts

Back