Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So close to being done. Honda on the splitter gave up the ghost.

89583e5a65b5bc6709f8045337a6f64d.jpg

sent from a field

RView attachment 758243 Ran out of gas with one more to go .lol

I always run out of trimmer line at the wrong time! lol. just a few more feet to get that fence line finished... then awwwh thit! 20 mins to go cut, wrap, prep machine, install, wind, etc adjust... and return! I am never pleased to run out of trimmer line! lol ;)

but of course, it is inevitable!

How do you like that TW5?
It's a beast. I needed a log lift because my only access to a backhoe is at work. I forget what the cycle time is, but it's quick. With the four way wedge, you can blow through a cord of rounds in no time. Whats nice is you can raise and lower the wedge as needed for the size of the round.

I borrowed a friends tw2 when we moved out here to get things moving. Having the slip on 4 was was sweet, made quick work of straight rounds.

I had a 3 point hitch that bolts to a draw bar I wasnt using anymore. Bought a SSQA plate and welded the hitch to the plate upside down and then welded a set of log tongs to a piece of sq tubing the fit into the hitch for lifting larger rounds.

A nice hydraulic splitter was certainly a consideration when I was looking for a quicker splitter. I still don't regret going kinetic.... It really fits how I need to split wood to fit our burners.
What happened to the engine, I saw it **** the bed on you? This one has the GX390

What happened to the engine, I saw it **** the bed on you? This one has the GX390
Not sure. It started struggling, coughed up some smoke and stopped running.

Its getting gas and spark. Just won't run. Its acting like the jet is partially plugged, but its not.

GX200

sent from a field

Its getting gas and spark. Just won't run. Its acting like the jet is partially plugged, but its not.

GX200

sent from a field
Give it a shot of ether, should fire right off if it's a fuel problem. Check the oil level too, they have a low oil safety switch, at least mine does. If it's getting spark, I doubt that's the problem though.

You need air, fuel, compression and spark.

Give it a shot of ether, should fire right off if it's a fuel problem. Check the oil level too, they have a low oil safety switch, at least mine does. If it's getting spark, I doubt that's the problem though.

You need air, fuel, compression and spark.
Yep, dosed the air filter with a bit of gas, nothing. Not even a puff of smoke.

Pulled the plug and shorted it against the block, nice blue spark.

Jumped the oil pressure switch knowing those can cause headaches, nothing. It didn't even try.

Pulled the carb apart, the float is working and the jet is clear.

Compression feels good but I don't have a tester.

I'm thinking it's an internal timing issue given how it died. I'll pull the oil and see if there's anything shiny in it.

sent from a field

GX200

sent from a field

Same thing happened to mine this spring, When I needed it most. Did all the things you did to trouble shoot. Grabbed a Honda knockoff at h.f. for $89. It's been great so far. Tear into the Honda one off these days when I have time.

Back