Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love the door.

Philbert
I do too.
That being said I'd have it set up with the fairlead plate coming off the header just inside the kiln so it never needed to be disconnected.
I know a guy who was nearly killed by a similar style setup at a church even we had. Fortunately there were a few guy there who were able to lift the door off him, he was in very bad shape and after a yr of being in a clinic he's finally home and actually made it to the last event we had, but he's still walking with a cane and will never be right.
Just a thought @woodchuckcanuck :).

I do too.
That being said I'd have it set up with the fairlead plate coming off the header just inside the kiln so it never needed to be disconnected....

Now if only I knew what a fairlead was. That's an honest statement, as I don't know what you mean.

That was put together with spare parts. What that needs there is a true eyebolt so that the hook on the end of the cable will not come off.

Well I've been making my new hookeroon. Last one the handle broke but its still useful for small stuff. Not finished so it's a little crude. Head is a copy of a small camp axe I had made from 1/4 plate steel . I hardened it but it will never knife hard. But it still holds an edge well. Handle is poplar I'm going to use two roll pins to secure the head but I doubt it will com out it's like it's own wedge last pic splits about 3 ft off the ground 20200301_112303.jpg 20200301_114813.jpg 20200301_123013.jpg 20200301_125002.jpg 20200301_125812.jpg

Now if only I knew what a fairlead was. That's an honest statement, as I don't know what you mean.

That was put together with spare parts. What that needs there is a true eyebolt so that the hook on the end of the cable will not come off.
Here you go, just the part of the winch with the rollers that guides the wire rope into the winch.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/p/15017007900
If it's mounted inside the kiln then it will pull the door closed tightly and there will be no need to disconnect it either.

Well I've been making my new hookeroon. Last one the handle broke but its still useful for small stuff. Not finished so it's a little crude. Head is a copy of a small camp axe I had made from 1/4 plate steel . I hardened it but it will never knife hard. But it still holds an edge well. Handle is poplar I'm going to use two roll pins to secure the head but I doubt it will com out it's like it's own wedge last pic splits about 3 ft off the ground View attachment 802668 View attachment 802669 View attachment 802670 View attachment 802671 View attachment 802673
Nice fabrication!

That will make for some great firewood in a few yrs.
Why does the garage have the "lift kit".
When I was building it was about the same cost to use concrete per sq foot verses wood for the walls. With the 13' high ceiling I new the building would be top heave so 8' wood walls not as bad.
I was also parking a D6 dozer AND A 680 backhoe in there. If I bump the wall no big deal.

When I was building it was about the same cost to use concrete per sq foot verses wood for the walls. With the 13' high ceiling I new the building would be top heave so 8' wood walls not as bad.
I was also parking a D6 dozer AND A 680 backhoe in there. If I bump the wall no big deal.
Thanks for the info.
Getting closer to building mine and I'm trying to pay closer attention to the "whys" in regards to others buildings to get more ideas. I've got all my plans/material list/renderings together now, but until it's submitted/started I can make changes easier than once it's finished lol.

Latest posts

Back