Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:clap:First post on AS. My pile by the outdoor boiler. Hopefully enough to heat the house and shop for the winter !
KIMG2687.JPG

Using my new Brigg Innovation wood splitter and my good ol' MS250 to cut up some firewood.
KIMG2559.JPG

This splitter is a game changer !
KIMG2521.JPG

I need to dedicate a space for wood processing sometime soon. Mama Bear isn't bonkers about the piles outside the living room window lol
KIMG2213.JPG

It's such a nice place to process though !!
KIMG2506.JPG

:clap:First post on AS. My pile by the outdoor boiler. Hopefully enough to heat the house and shop for the winter !
View attachment 1123657

Using my new Brigg Innovation wood splitter and my good ol' MS250 to cut up some firewood.
View attachment 1123670

This splitter is a game changer !
View attachment 1123675

I need to dedicate a space for wood processing sometime soon. Mama Bear isn't bonkers about the piles outside the living room window lol
View attachment 1123686

It's such a nice place to process though !!
View attachment 1123681
I have thought about putting up a privacy type fence between my "wood area" and the house. Not everyone has enough property to make it completely hidden and I like it done near my boiler...

This isn't my splitting area at home, but may become at my place in WV. About 4 weeks ago we had a storm go through that dumped 5 1/2 inches of water in one hour. My thought it was a Tornado. It took down 15-20 of my big White Oaks. At first i thought it was only about a dozen, but I have 10 acres like a pan handle, and that whole ravine has more trees down in it. I finished splitting and loading the tree with the middle cut out. Then I drug a top out of the woods. It might have been 18" on the big end. When I took the choker off, the whole 30' log just fell in half. It must have really twisted when it hit the ground.
hxuEai1.jpg

VbLqbsv.jpg

I have thought about putting up a privacy type fence between my "wood area" and the house. Not everyone has enough property to make it completely hidden and I like it done near my boiler...
I process on the boiler pad untill it gets too full to do so. My stove ended up right between my shop and house as it was the most logical place so as not to have to run that $15/ft pipe any farther than needed !! I've been trying really hard to process in the woods or where I cut the wood down but it doesn't always work out that way.

This summer we cleared an acre or so and we cut up the stuff that didn't need to be split right away.
KIMG2204.JPG

I ended up with 17-18 cord out of here when all was said and done. Pretty happy with that !
KIMG2201.JPG

I hauled home 8 dump trailer loads and 12 totes with another 8 loads of big stuff to be cut and split at home.
KIMG2210.JPG

Using the mini to move logs was a fantastic idea and I'll have to do it more ! It's wild how capable these smaller machines can be !
KIMG2206.JPG

Just finishing the 8 cord winter bin. Not bad for a 75-year-old dude.

I really like the idea of using wood as a wall in the lean-to. I think I'm going to have to do that when I build a shed by my stove. I like it a lot !! Saves $$$ on construction while allowing lots of air flow !!

This is about the roughest place I've ever split wood with more thistles growing up than anything else. A neighbor had a stroke a couple years back and can't get around real well anymore so Pops and I helped him split his pile of all too rotten oak and maple. His kids were all "too busy" to come home and help and he kept sending them pictures of our progress while we were there lol. We split for 6hrs and got four 10x16 trailers filled up pretty full. I split the big chunks with the mini and we finished them up with Dad's PTO splitter he built 50yrs ago.
KIMG2727.JPG

This thread has been inactive for a while.

This is a bark buster splitter. I thought bark busters went on the handlebars of motorcycles. You are supposed to take the screw part off and dispose of it but I got a new driveshaft instead. I see the basic design much larger to go on excavators at the Paul Bunyan show. Just some rounds that have been sinking into the ground for a while. Then when I was cutting some off to make them lighter kind of had a mishap and then got the saw stuck.

screw splitter a.jpg

screw splitter b.jpg

screw splitter c.jpg

This thread has been inactive for a while.

This is a bark buster splitter. I thought bark busters went on the handlebars of motorcycles. You are supposed to take the screw part off and dispose of it but I got a new driveshaft instead. I see the basic design much larger to go on excavators at the Paul Bunyan show. Just some rounds that have been sinking into the ground for a while. Then when I was cutting some off to make them lighter kind of had a mishap and then got the saw stuck.

View attachment 1159901

View attachment 1159903

View attachment 1159904
Engine stopped? Too low turnover?

Engine stopped? Too low turnover?
I turned off the engine to take pictures. The third one I broke it in half but when going to quarter it slipped off the bent pipe thing, spun around and started riding between the screw and the pipe fortunately It was at basically idle, so I made it to the pto lever before any permeant damage.

Back