Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for the crap pictures - cell phone.

Your pics are fine. It looks like you've got a good setup in spite of cramped quarters.

Along one section of the patio, I stacked about .75 cord as a sort of barrier.
asset.php

asset.php

Main stack again
asset.php

For some reason those pics didn't come across.

that's no good.

No good but its better than a nest of yellow jackets. Pulling logs out of the woods last year and I hit a stump with a nest in it. The log got hung on it and I had to get off the tractor to get it off. Felt like hot ashes all over me. I ran away and got most of them off, then I turned around and I bet there was a thousand of those things flying around. Got farther away and then the ones that had gotten in my clothes found their mark. Nothing like running through the yard in your undies.

Naw, ain’t no Photoshop.
I do all my splittin’ in the woodlot and haul the splits up into the yard for stackin’… place the stacks far enough apart to run the grass cuttin’ machine between them. Very little wear-n-tear on the grass that way.
Oh, and I spray around the stacks with Round-Up so there ain’t any trimming.

attachment.php

I gotta say if a wood stack could be bad ass ! Well I think it is , now I feel like a crumb For just splitting mine piling it to the moon and throwing a tarp over it

I think I fixed it. Can't quite get the hang of posting pics here without trial & error. Sorry

Yes you did. No problem, a lot of folks have the same issue. It IS kind of a strange operation. Keep at it, you'll figure it out.

No good but its better than a nest of yellow jackets. Pulling logs out of the woods last year and I hit a stump with a nest in it. The log got hung on it and I had to get off the tractor to get it off. Felt like hot ashes all over me. I ran away and got most of them off, then I turned around and I bet there was a thousand of those things flying around. Got farther away and then the ones that had gotten in my clothes found their mark. Nothing like running through the yard in your undies.

.....nothing like it.....:hmm3grin2orange:

that sucks. the worst i ever got was cutting through a honey bee nest - with a saw - in a fallen tree

I am still here, School has been insane and I haven't been able to get on here much.

You're forgiven.

Been there, done that ..... ouch !

that sucks. the worst i ever got was cutting through a honey bee nest - with a saw - in a fallen tree

Thankfully no honey bees up this way, not sure I could even identify one. We do have some bigass wasps and lots of yellow jackets up here though. We thought a wasp was gonna take off with one of the hot dog weiners the other day.

I just had 4 loads dropped. Its about 95% red oak. I need some time before I can process it. A month ago I had right arm radial nerve decompression surgery. 6" incision and 28 staples. Still on a 5 pound lifting restriction. I can't stand being sedentary. :bang:

attachment.php

Got stung in the mouth a couple days ago by a yellow jacket. I can take bee stings but that actually hurt. My mouth swelled up a bit from it. Got stung yesterday in the wrist by a yellow jacket while cutting up a fallen tree. Crappy part is these yellow jackets make their nests in holes in the ground and they are hard to spot, especially if you fall a tree over it :dizzy:

Will go back tomorrow and try to get what's left of the tree out without being stung. Don't want to leave half a cord or so sitting there cuz of a yellow jacket nest. I'll see if I can take a pic and post it for you guys. My brother got stung like 6 times while attempting to buck up the log, he actually left the 10-10 in the log while running out. I went back and tried to get it out and got stung the one time :clap:

I just had 4 loads dropped. Its about 95% red oak. I need some time before I can process it. A month ago I had right arm radial nerve decompression surgery. 6" incision and 28 staples. Still on a 5 pound lifting restriction. I can't stand being sedentary. :bang:

I feel for you as I have been there with a different injury - had to sit out a year. Behave yourself so you'll not have any set-backs as that will only make it worse as you have to wait even longer, not to mention listening to "I told you so" from friends and loved ones. Hope you mend soon. Ron

Got stung in the mouth a couple days ago by a yellow jacket. I can take bee stings but that actually hurt. My mouth swelled up a bit from it. Got stung yesterday in the wrist by a yellow jacket while cutting up a fallen tree. Crappy part is these yellow jackets make their nests in holes in the ground and they are hard to spot, especially if you fall a tree over it :dizzy:

Will go back tomorrow and try to get what's left of the tree out without being stung. Don't want to leave half a cord or so sitting there cuz of a yellow jacket nest. I'll see if I can take a pic and post it for you guys. My brother got stung like 6 times while attempting to buck up the log, he actually left the 10-10 in the log while running out. I went back and tried to get it out and got stung the one time :clap:

Those Y Jackets just confused the 10-10 for one of their kin and had come to provide it a defense. Ron

attachment.php

As a last resort you could bring out a generator and buck it up with an electric saw .... they weigh nothing !!!

I'm not in a hurry to get the wood done. Plenty of time for that. However, I am sick of not being able to do what I like to do. This being the cause.
attachment.php

YIKES!!! :msp_scared: I hope the end result turns out better than what that looks like, that's kinda scary lookin'.:msp_ohmy: Definitely follow the doctor's orders and let that heal up completely.

That surely looks tender. Take good care of it. I know how you are feeling about just laying around, not able to do much. I have had both arms rotator cuffs repaired(not at the same time)and I REALLY got sick of doing nothing.

Ron

Latest posts

Back