Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi I have a Jøtul stove, lounge is a converted stable from 1850 with 4m ceiling so takes a while to warm up. When the Stables were converted they installed underfloor heating as the primary heat source with nothing else in the lounge. Takes 12 hrs to heat up and designed to be left on 247. With the current UK natural gas prices I had to look for an alternative.

The stove is an 11kw unit.

View attachment 253463

Hi I have a Jøtul stove, lounge is a converted stable from 1850 with 4m ceiling so takes a while to warm up. When the Stables were converted they installed underfloor heating as the primary heat source with nothing else in the lounge. Takes 12 hrs to heat up and designed to be left on 247. With the current UK natural gas prices I had to look for an alternative.

View attachment 253463

253463d1348084621-imageuploadedbytapatalk1348084620-342867-jpg

An oven mit?
I thought you Scotts were tougher than that??!!
:msp_wink:

Cool little stove by the way...

View attachment 253463

That's pretty! I was just wondering what stove took short pieces like that.

With the fence I guess you have some future firewood helpers?

I changed the way I am doing it this year. I just split right over the bucket on my tractor and then dump it in the truck. Then I take it to the poll barn where I stack it.
Last year I hauled rounds to the poll barn and split it there. This is much easer for me. I am lucky I have 4 tree services bringing me wood and chips for my grinder now. I am thinking about wood heat for my farm shop now.

253495d1348112368-120906_0001-jpg

253496d1348112512-120906_0003-jpg

That is a nice stove. Don't think they sell them state side.

Still a fairly niche brand over here but had that space and wanted an upright. The Scandinavians site know how to make stoves.
Thought about back boilers etc but was going to be far too much ball ache.

Last edited:
That's pretty! I was just wondering what stove took short pieces like that.

With the fence I guess you have some future firewood helpers?

17 month old and a 2 week old. One needing the house extra toasty the other trying his hardest to defeat all baby gates.

The stihl kiddy stuff is def on the Xmas list :)

.....that's a nice "wood hauler" you got there :msp_thumbup: .....

253431d1348067671-imageuploadedbytapatalk1348067667-384377-jpg

1990 Land Rover Defender 90 TD. Quite a shed, pig to drive, not much electrically works on it, bang my elbows constantly when it gets interesting. Love it.
Hopefully picking up a newer model soon.

I finally finished blocking up the cottonwood today. The last log was hanging over the ditch, and I didn't feel like dragging the rounds back out of the ditch, so I got out the Massey. I usually don't skid backward like this, but I wanted as much of the log off the ground as I could get to tear up the yard less and keep the dirt off the log:

attachment.php

I had the 7300 loaded in the trunk of the car for tomorrow's gtg across the river in MN, and I needed to play with the P-60 Pioneer anyway. That's the short bar, also have 36" for it. 6 cubes and .404 chain makes for lots of big chips, and big grins on your face!

attachment.php

Hopefully I'll finish splitting and stacking Sunday. I'm backed up on trees that friends want me to take off their hands, and just want this finished before I wander off to the next project.

Latest posts

Back