Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow that is a nice cherry stack.
How is cherry for burning i have some but have not burned any yet

ri chevy below says it best. If all I had to burn was cherry, I would be tickled to death. It's good and dense, threrefore burns a while. It splits fairly easy as you see, and smells so good burning. If you live close to a cattle farmer, ask him if you can cut the cherry trees down in his fence row. Most farmers would love to be rid of them.

You'll have the sweetest smelling neighborhood in town. Good score there. Just be sure to let the wood sit for a whole season first and get good and dry before you burn it.

ri chevy below says it best. If all I had to burn was cherry, I would be tickled to death. It's good and dense, threrefore burns a while. It splits fairly easy as you see, and smells so good burning. If you live close to a cattle farmer, ask him if you can cut the cherry trees down in his fence row. Most farmers would love to be rid of them.

I'm thinking this area was once a farmers field. Realistically, you can throw a rock in Lancaster county and hit a farm but these trees were in a line so I'd bet so.

Like I said, hard to believe they were going to trash it. I've been telling my neighbors they're going to love what I do to the hood next winter. :msp_thumbup:

It smells awesome just sitting there drying.

nice pile!

258893d1350998732-imag0276-jpg

yes I have a real good bunch of freinds, neighbors and family. We have done this for several years now. We put out alot of food and drinks and a couple of $50 dollar drawings for fun. After it is all done we sit at the bonfire and enjoy the evening. It is a good time. :rock:

Jeez, I wish I had a crew like that. It beats the snot out of what the Mrs. and I can accomplish.

DOES anyone else just scroll through this thread until they see a new post with either

A) New pictures formatted and inserted correctly ;)

or

2) Those unmistakeable green hyperlinks, linking to glorious pictures of chunks of heat!

DOES anyone else just scroll through this thread until they see a new post with either

A) New pictures formatted and inserted correctly ;)

or

2) Those unmistakeable green hyperlinks, linking to glorious pictures of chunks of heat!

I read every post.. Never know what you will learn...:msp_smile:

Been with this thread since the start too, thinking its about time it was a sticky been as its 100 plus pages long....
Love it , keep the pics coming:rock:

:msp_sad: getting rid of wood this time of year????? Your crazy sir... :msp_wink:

I don't think Hedgerow's gonna run out...

Don't worry... I'll empty the barn, but I got 10 cord of hedge in reserve...
He can't use that...
:rock:

We don't have 10 cords, but we've got enough to keep us toasty all winter. Might even score a bit more before it gets real cold.

Back