Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big oak, milling in process.

attachment.php

Firewood? Oh, yea. All the slab and cutoffs go in the firewood pile.

Now THERE'S a thing of beauty right there... I want me one of those bandmills !!!

This is what I cut about a month ago. Large Oak that was bug damaged. The bigger pieces were fun to cut with my Stihl 029. ;) I love cutting tree crotches. :frown: :msp_thumbdn:

My Nephew standing in front of the piece to show the size. He is only 3.
262634d1353189656-aa-022-jpg

262637d1353190447-aa-024-jpg

I had to saw cut it and noodle it with the base being so large. The chalked oval represents the center that was not reached by my 18" blade. I cut the base piece straight down, and then took another cut at the middle. Not the prettiest cut, but it worked. ;) I had already cut up about half of the straight sticks that were easier to get to on the bottom so I could make way toward the bigger pieces that were on top. I had the logging truck drop them in my FIL's driveway. Supposedly about 6 1/2 cord. I think I cut up about a cord of saw dust. :D I wish I could have saved it and used it.
262636d1353189660-aa-032-jpg

Last edited:
It was challenging. I split some it it with my saw! :D Most of the straight stuff was easy, but the crotches and knots are nearly impossible. Easy with the saw though! ;) :hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:
I was challenging. I split some it it with my saw! :D Most of the straight stuff was easy, but the crotches and knots are nearly impossible. Easy with the saw though! ;) :hmm3grin2orange:

Looks good. Great work with your 029. :msp_thumbup:

My new splitting and stacking area I've been clearing out. I have a nice pile of rounds started to work on this winter as well.

2012-11-17_12-40-41_44.jpg

Looks good. Great work with your 029. :msp_thumbup:

Thanks. For all the negative things that get said about the 029, it has been a very good and reliable saw to me since I purchased it in 1996.

That is a big one.:msp_ohmy:

It was pretty good size. I've cut bigger 2 years ago. No pics though. :msp_thumbdn: :D

The boy and I were just gettin’ ready to move one of the main stacks in the house yesterday when I figured I better up-date the photo. By the end of the afternoon that far stack was no longer there… it’s in the house.

When I look at those stacks it’s hard for me to believe less then 25 months ago I didn’t have a single stick of firewood. All by my lonesome, with my little 026; all what you see here, plus what’s been burned the last two winters (heating 99.9% with wood), plus the near 5 cord or so already in the basement. Ya’ know? I might just take this winter off from cuttin’… maybe.

attachment.php

Here’s a bonus shot of my employee unloading into the house… he don’t work cheap.

attachment.php

The boy and I were just gettin’ ready to move one of the main stacks in the house yesterday when I figured I better up-date the photo. By the end of the afternoon that far stack was no longer there… it’s in the house.

When I look at those stacks it’s hard for me to believe less then 25 months ago I didn’t have a single stick of firewood. All by my lonesome, with my little 026; all what you see here, plus what’s been burned the last two winters (heating 99.9% with wood), plus the near 5 cord or so already in the basement. Ya’ know? I might just take this winter off from cuttin’… maybe.

attachment.php

Here’s a bonus shot of my employee unloading into the house… he don’t work cheap.

attachment.php

Awesome little helper you got there ! I've got a couple just like him myself !

And .... looks like you had a visitor in the first row .... nice ! Or is that a shooting target ?

Awesome little helper you got there ! I've got a couple just like him myself !

And .... looks like you had a visitor in the first row .... nice ! Or is that a shooting target ?

The deer don't eat much.

Great pics Spidey. It looks like your helper is right into it. Watch out though, someday he'll be the boss.

Back