Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Family work! Very nice. Everyone working together makes the job much easier, and fun.

Thanks! It was very nice. Pretty breezy but it's nice when everyone helps out. My wife even cut up some small stuff on the saw buck. First time for her.

It's Maine. Where's yer snow? ;o)

How dare you use such language. :D:D

I'm hoping it holds off for another month. All of my wood is coming from where I'm making a new yard behind my house and the snow will royally screw everything up once it starts coming.

It's Maine. Where's yer snow? ;o)

How dare you use such language. :D:D

I'm hoping it holds off for another month. All of my wood is coming from where I'm making a new yard behind my house and the snow will royally screw everything up once it starts coming.

Just funnin' with ya. I've got some outlaws up there. I ask them the same thing. They don't think it's funny. ;o)

Just funnin' with ya. I've got some outlaws up there. I ask them the same thing. They don't think it's funny. ;o)

I remember one winter there, I had snow on the ground around my cabin from mid September until the first week of the following JUNE.

:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

I live on the coast so it's not that bad.

This was my house last year on Halloween though.....

updrive.jpg

:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

I live on the coast so it's not that bad.

This was my house last year on Halloween though.....

updrive.jpg

Hey!
That's pretty much what we looked like over here in central NH. Nice pic neighba'. :msp_thumbup:
I'm glad we didn't get that this year, I've had plenty of opportunity to cut. :biggrinbounce2:

Nice winter scene there Snotrocket. I actually like snow. I used to live a lot farther north than I do now, in the middle of the "lake effect" belt, average annual snowfall around 110". Last winter we got about 3" here. That was kinda boring.

Any/every day here in nh beyond Thanksgiving with no snow is bonus time to either be lucky to get winterready or else prep for the next year. My plan extends to 2015, so we're good. That said, I have about 2 tanks worth of mix, so there might be some essentially recreational cutting if the ground permits

Any/every day here in nh beyond Thanksgiving with no snow is bonus time to either be lucky to get winterready or else prep for the next year. My plan extends to 2015, so we're good. That said, I have about 2 tanks worth of mix, so there might be some essentially recreational cutting if the ground permits

Ayuh,
well said. ('cause I'm always "prepping" for next year ;) )

Re-filling the bays for next year... I saved this log for last...
Good thing too, cause it crushed my saw buck like a bug...
It was getting rickety anyway... Time for a new one...

attachment.php

For reference... The tines on my loader are 48"...

:waaaht:

It made alot of pieces... And noodles...

attachment.php

When done, this whole bay will be Hackberry...
14'x20'x16"
Tapered to 9' in the back...

Tree i cut up today was uprooted during sandy, off the side of the road. Drove past it many of times, didnt look that big... well it was bigger than expected (probably why no one took it yet lol). I went back to the root ball, i cut a little further up because i wanted to give myself some room, went right back into the hole it came from. Got a total of 2 full loads, and a 1/2 load. There still some left, probably close to a load maybe a little more. Heres a few pics.

41D3AE48.jpg

BF59D716.jpg

Load #1
FCA6449E.jpg

Load #2
B53494FE.jpg

18DE883A.jpg

It looks like a lot of guys made really good firewood scores, compliments of Sandy. Congratulations to you all. :msp_thumbsup:

How much firewood in this?

View attachment 264213
attachment.php

should keep me going for a week or two?

Girth = about 30'

OK, so, I'd be thrown behind bars if i cut it down and it's a majestic tree, but one can but dream.

WOW! :jawdrop: That's a big tree! :msp_ohmy: Do you know the height?
No. I tend to lose all concept of scale when looking at it so wouldn't like to guess. I ran passed it the other day and had to go back in the car to take some pics. There's one in there with a girth of about 46' too, so I'm told, but I didn't see it. I slung a rope around the 'smaller' one and measured that when I got home.

They don't make very good firewood, but the big ones have the most superb furniture timber.

Latest posts

Back