Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate snakes...:msp_angry:
But if there's one that gets a pardon from the death penalty, it's the black snake...
If ya got a big black snake in the barn, you don't have anything else!!

Copperheads are a vile creature with a miserable disposition...

Common water snakes get pretty aggressive when they're breeding. Only had 1 encounter w/ a Copperhead. An employee got bit while mowing. Broke the skin, but must not have gone deep enough to inject any venom. He's still alive, as far as I know, but that was 15 years ago & landscape laborers don't hang around very long...

My youngest daughter was bitten on the forearm by a juvenile Black Snake when she was 4 years old. We were at a playground and I saw her running towards me from the swing set yelling holding her arm. I thought she had been stung by a wasp. She told me it was a snake so I sprinted up the hill to make sure it wasn't a copperhead. The bite was very minimal but baby copperheads don't control their venom well and I wanted to be sure before I faced the wrath of SWMBO. Snake was wrapped around the chain on the swings hang'in out.

Plus it's a nice condo for your pet snakes to live under...
:big_smile:

Actucally..we do have several quite large big king snakes I think they are live around the house/greenhouse/woodpiles/clukeraptor containment compound. I like 'em.

I saw one once back up in the mountains here that would have been a world record most likely. I almost hit it on the road. Single lane dirt road but not a jeep rut road, a bonafide road I lived on it, had mailboxes, etc, some houses every so often), that wide. The snake was on both sides of the road crossing it. I thought it was a downed tree limb and slowed down/stopped to clear it and it was moving! Biggest snake I ever saw outside of a zoo. Not as thick as a big like boa or anaconda but dang long. Saw another one similar large (not quite as big but still big, same area, at our house) climbing a tree and it had six to seven feet of body up in the tree and a few feet on the ground. Amazing climbers.

I wouldn't mind a King Snake myself. Good at getting rid of rodents and they eat other venomous snakes. I have never seen one in my area. Only Black Snakes and Copperheads.

.....I love snakes, all of 'em.....:hmm3grin2orange:

The only snakes we find are garters, couple'a feet long. We do have a lot of freakin' spiders though.
Brown Recluse, Black Widows, Wolf spiders. Gotta be careful when you pull wood off the stack. We
even find some in the middle of winter. They must hibernate in the wood.

Obviously would rather deal with snakes than firewood as well. Where's those pics that were coming on Monday?

You think maybe Shane isn't having any luck finding someone elses stash to take pictures of? ;o)

We're all just yankin' your chain. We know you're busy. I'm not. It's too freakin' hot to be outside working.

Speak for yourself. He's asked the "got any pictures" question in half or more of his posts.

I'm on him like white on rice till he starts reciprocating!

Speak for yourself. He's asked the "got any pictures" question in half or more of his posts.

I'm on him like white on rice till he starts reciprocating!

Yea, you'd think he'd come up with some kind of good excuse. My outlaws live up that way. Maybe I can get
some pics of their wood pile, send them to Shane, and let him post them as his own. At least that'd get him
off the hook for a while.

Some talk, some do... Here's my addition to my weak- AZZ attempt to build a real pretty stack that I posted last week.

attachment.php

Here's what fuels me

attachment.php

Some talk, some do... Here's my addition to my weak- AZZ attempt to build a real pretty stack that I posted last week.

attachment.php

Nice follow-up on the stack. Lookin' good. I'll pass on the lager. I'm more into tequila. But, whatever works for you.

Yea, you'd think he'd come up with some kind of good excuse. My outlaws live up that way. Maybe I can get
some pics of their wood pile, send them to Shane, and let him post them as his own. At least that'd get him
off the hook for a while.

Nah, we're beating on him like a rented mule 'til he shows us something...

Anybody who is associated w/ a logging operation *SHOULD* have better access to firewood than us scroungers. No quarter until we see some stacks.

Latest posts

Back