Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah, we're beating on him like a rented mule 'til he shows us something...

Anybody who is associated w/ a logging operation *SHOULD* have better access to firewood than us scroungers. No quarter until we see some stacks.

Gotcha. He's given me a lotta rep so I don't want to beat him up too bad.

Nice follow-up on the stack. Lookin' good. I'll pass on the lager. I'm more into tequila. But, whatever works for you.

Generally speaking, I'm not much for liquor, but nothing beats a good Bloody Mary- poolside- if you're starting early...

Generally speaking, I'm not much for liquor, but nothing beats a good Bloody Mary- poolside- if you're starting early...

If I'm drinking Bloody Mary's I'm usually more heavy on the bloody and light on the "merry". I don't
start early, I just start whenever the mood strikes me.

248059d1344598914-100_0445-jpg

Not exactly going to be firewood, but it'll sure make some nice planks, about 400 board feet I hope. Cedar from a newly cut virgin forest, the biggest one is close to 300 years old. I need a magnifying glass to age it properly !

Looks like that trailer was fun to pull home!

View attachment 248059View attachment 248060

Not exactly going to be firewood, but it'll sure make some nice planks, about 400 board feet I hope. Cedar from a newly cut virgin forest, the biggest one is close to 300 years old. I need a magnifying glass to age it properly !

Nice looking load. I like cedar. We don't get much around here. We have a few left on the property, probably
30-40 years old. We had more but the ice got them several years ago.

248059d1344598914-100_0445-jpg

Looks like that trailer was fun to pull home!

You know it ! Good thing I had a tailwind going home too ! And with no spare, there were no chances to be taken either. Had I had a spare, I'd have also loaded the biggest section of 8' that's still out there, along with the 4 or 5 foot butt end near the trunk. I was already way too heavy as it was, and I'll be going back there for hunting anyway. They'll come home, just not at the same time.

View attachment 248059View attachment 248060

Not exactly going to be firewood, but it'll sure make some nice planks, about 400 board feet I hope. Cedar from a newly cut virgin forest, the biggest one is close to 300 years old. I need a magnifying glass to age it properly ![/QUOTE

Good looking Cedar. I love me some big cedar :) Splits nice and easy and burns really good when seasoned. Just it pops a lot in the fire.

another nice row

Just finished toting back another big row of swamp wood, some red oak. That's four heavy tractor tote boxes in this stack and that pile of uglies and smalls on the right there. Those big chunks on the top are about all this boy can heave up. The ones on the left came pre split when she hit the ground.

attachment.php

Today's scrounge

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

This whole load was from 10 rounds. When I got there, I spotted 2 big piles of smaller rounds/ branch wood-- maybe 3 cords worth. I asked the guy "whatcha doing w/ that?" He says " keeping a little for the fire pit, but you can have the rest".

Back