Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
.....OH RATS!!!!! You beat me to the punch.....:hmm3grin2orange:

.....OK, now it's really time for bed, 4am is getting a lot closer.....

Sorry about that. Funny how we think so much alike. :msp_biggrin:

…how do you keep the grass in between the rows so nice ?
Photoshop?
Naw, ain’t no Photoshop.
I do all my splittin’ in the woodlot and haul the splits up into the yard for stackin’… place the stacks far enough apart to run the grass cuttin’ machine between them. Very little wear-n-tear on the grass that way.
Oh, and I spray around the stacks with Round-Up so there ain’t any trimming.

attachment.php

Naw, ain’t no Photoshop.
I do all my splittin’ in the woodlot and haul the splits up into the yard for stackin’… place the stacks far enough apart to run the grass cuttin’ machine between them. Very little wear-n-tear on the grass that way.
Oh, and I spray around the stacks with Round-Up so there ain’t any trimming.

attachment.php

:msp_unsure: That almost brings tears to my eyes.. its the perfect yard.. wood and grass..

Put another load of Pecan up Saturday. Everyone was gone on a float trip. Perfect opportunity to knock out another load...

attachment.php

Sunday was a serious work day. Had to clear a fencerow. The BIL and I and the boys dropped over 100 trees of various sizes. What a freaking jungle... We'll cut a load or 2 of larger logs out for our use, then push all the mangle and tangle up into burn piles... I haven't seen that much poison Ivy in a long time..:msp_sad:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Sunday was a serious work day. Had to clear a fencerow. The BIL and I and the boys dropped over 100 trees of various sizes. What a freaking jungle... We'll cut a load or 2 of larger logs out for our use, then push all the mangle and tangle up into burn piles... I haven't seen that much poison Ivy in a long time..:msp_sad:

attachment.php

attachment.php

.....careful when you burn those piles, breathing in poison ivy when it gets burned can make some people mighty sick.....:msp_ohmy:
.....nice pics.....:msp_thumbup:

I'm extremely limited when it comes to storage area. My property is on a lake and is 56' X 200' , with a severe slope down to the water. I'm either moving split wood or rounds down steps, and, as you can see from these poor photos, nothing is stacked really level.
The good news is there is a constant breeze / wind off the lake from the south, and the largest stack (approx. 3.75 cord) gets a good amount of direct sun much of the day. I still have about a cord at my daughters house that needs to be split and stacked....somewhere.
All total, I have close to 5 cord ready to go for this year.
Sorry for the crap pictures - cell phone.

attachment.php

attachment.php

The "Uglies" for late September early October burning
attachment.php

The main stack
attachment.php

I use some un-split rounds on the patio
attachment.php

Latest posts

Back