Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Howdy neighba', you got yourself a whole lot of Oak,:msp_w00t: all for your own use?

Howdy back at ya. I burn very little of it myself , most is sold at an honor system stand and given to friends. Most years I have maybe a 1/3 of that but with the hurricane last year it was easy pickins'. Though still somewhat a neighbor I am now in Massachusetts..don't hold it against me.

Today's catch. With my two daughters. I could do this every day! :msp_biggrin:

532296_3707275683238_1247937837_n.jpg

Can anybody find the pickaroon?

Reminds me of my two helpers(daughters as well). It is great to work together as a family and spend time with one another. Getting wood is also FUN! Thanks for sharing the pics.
The pickaroon is stuck into a piece in the back of the truck!

Ron

My daughters would not help :msp_angry: oh wait maybe because they are 6 and 3 ? :msp_rolleyes:

I need to get some new pictures up soon

Looks to me like the packaroon is behind the young lady in the yellow shirt stuck into a piece of wood in the back of the truck.
Nice set of springs on the truck by the way, around here a pickup[ loaded down like that would rip the real bumper off scraping the ground :)

View from Maine

We're at the outlaws place in Maine. I couldn't help but post some pics of their woodpiles. FIL has a pacemaker and his doc won't let him run a gas saw. Every stick in these two piles was cut with an electric chainsaw (Stihl). I'm right proud of the old codger for his efforts.

While we're up here, we're gonna have to chase down Mr. ShaneLogs, and check out his woodpiles.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
We're at the outlaws place in Maine. I couldn't help but post some pics of their woodpiles. FIL has a pacemaker and his doc won't let him run a gas saw. Every stick in these two piles was cut with an electric chainsaw (Stihl). I'm right proud of the old codger for his efforts.

While we're up here, we're gonna have to chase down Mr. ShaneLogs, and check out his woodpiles.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Come on over! We got a guest room:hmm3grin2orange:

Howdy back at ya. I burn very little of it myself , most is sold at an honor system stand and given to friends. Most years I have maybe a 1/3 of that but with the hurricane last year it was easy pickins'. Though still somewhat a neighbor I am now in Massachusetts..don't hold it against me.

Nope, won't hold it against ya' at all.....;)

I process and use about 30 cords between my OWB that runs 24/7 and my maple syrup evaporator.

That sounds like full time "work" to me, then again I've always enjoyed that kind of "work".....:hmm3grin2orange:
Took down an Oak at a co worker's friend's house to add to the pile, this is tree #1 of 20(+):msp_w00t:.....(mostly Red Oak:clap:)

attachment.php

That sounds like full time "work" to me, then again I've always enjoyed that kind of "work".....:hmm3grin2orange:
Took down an Oak at a co worker's friend's house to add to the pile, this is tree #1 of 20(+):msp_w00t:.....(mostly Red Oak:clap:)

attachment.php

It is "work" but we manage to get it all done on weekends. I enjoy that kind of work too! My SIL has a bucket loader on his tractor for the heavy lifting and a logging arch on the back for dragging the trees out. I put 4 chainsaws and all of the tools in my tractor and I fell and limb while he twitches. Splitting takes the longest and sawing from 4' to 2' and stacking takes the least amount of time.

That's some nice looking oak you've got there. I am targeting the oaks in my woods to try to cut down on the squirrel population. The tree rats like to chew my maple tubing.

It is "work" but we manage to get it all done on weekends. I enjoy that kind of work too! My SIL has a bucket loader on his tractor for the heavy lifting and a logging arch on the back for dragging the trees out. I put 4 chainsaws and all of the tools in my tractor and I fell and limb while he twitches. Splitting takes the longest and sawing from 4' to 2' and stacking takes the least amount of time.

That's some nice looking oak you've got there. I am targeting the oaks in my woods to try to cut down on the squirrel population. The tree rats like to chew my maple tubing.

The last week has been raining acorns constantly :laugh:

1990 Land Rover Defender 90 TD. Quite a shed, pig to drive, not much electrically works on it, bang my elbows constantly when it gets interesting. Love it.
Hopefully picking up a newer model soon.

Hold on to it for another 3 years for me, then I'll buy it. I love the Defenders, but alas we never got the good oil burining models on this side of the Atlantic. :(

The last week has been raining acorns constantly :laugh:

Not a lot of acorns here this year which strikes me as odd. We're in for a nasty winter and not a lot of food.

Latest posts

Back