Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice job with the tree. That is pretty big. You'll be all set for wood with that. ;) :msp_thumbup:

Very nice location for your house as well!

Here is what i got done in a little under 2 hours taking it somewhat easy. I'll need a hand getting the rounds in the truck.... :laugh:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Here is what i got done in a little under 2 hours taking it somewhat easy. I'll need a hand getting the rounds in the truck.... :laugh:

--wow, lotta wood! Seeing as how that is ash, just split it right there, much easier to load it then. should split easy.

Swamp hickory

Here is the first load of swamp hickory coming home, that's all branch wood, I am at the first big fork in the main trunk. Where I am standing is where the ends of the branches were when it fell. Ten feet behind me is a broiler house...little bit taller tree or closer it would have been
"interesting"

attachment.php

This is to go, way down the hill. That log is so balanced you can pick it up with one hand! I'm like EEK! Glad I stopped right there. If I take any more off the uphill end I am afraid it will stand back up. I think I will cut it off down at the rootball-carefully- then cut it in half and see if the tractor can drag out the halves. That might still be too much, but we'll see.

attachment.php

Yeah, Just noodle them up there on site and throw the splits in the truck. Will save you from buying leaf springs too! :msp_tongue:

Here is the first load of swamp hickory coming home, that's all branch wood, I am at the first big fork in the main trunk. Where I am standing is where the ends of the branches were when it fell. Ten feet behind me is a broiler house...little bit taller tree or closer it would have been
"interesting"

attachment.php

This is to go, way down the hill. That log is so balanced you can pick it up with one hand! I'm like EEK! Glad I stopped right there. If I take any more off the uphill end I am afraid it will stand back up. I think I will cut it off down at the rootball-carefully- then cut it in half and see if the tractor can drag out the halves. That might still be too much, but we'll see.

attachment.php

Nice pictures Zogger, I think your camera lense is a little smudged :hmm3grin2orange:

He's also going to need a bigger truck! :D Nice job there. Take your time and do as much as you can do. Not worth getting hurt or injuring yourself. It will still be there. :msp_thumbup:

the comment about loading rounds into the truck was a joke. I have no plans to move them, but if I did it would be with my track loader.

I'll split the wood right where it sits using this mechanical maul...... :msp_sneaky:

attachment.php

the comment about loading rounds into the truck was a joke. I have no plans to move them, but if I did it would be with my track loader.

I'll split the wood right where it sits using this mechanical maul...... :msp_sneaky:

attachment.php

That looks like one of those built to spec jobs, fabricated somewhere up there in MI...
I forget the name of the company though...

That looks like one of those built to spec jobs, fabricated somewhere up there in MI...
I forget the name of the company though...

I agree, that's prolly the nicest one I've seen yet ! What's MSRP on one of those ? Not like I can afford one, just curious. I love my Fiskars too much anyway !

Nice pictures Zogger, I think your camera lense is a little smudged :hmm3grin2orange:

Scratched/smudged and wimpy to boot. Only digital camera I have now. A new phone will be coming up in the new year anyway. I'm on that iden network that is being phased out, they already doubled the cost of my minutes starting next month. They want people to switch to their newer towers.

I stay on the raw bleeding edge of ten year old technology!

That's cheatin'! hahahahahaha

attachment.php

Is that a " All Wood" if it is tell us all about it, that is what I have in my sights for the next year.

Yes it is. I'll work up a review and post it separately. I'm not quite ready to do that yet though.

I see you have a "bloodwood" model. Would you comment on the quoted 6 second cycle time? Is it that fast?

Latest posts

Back