Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3/16/13....Both piles DONE! Great job Homer, Boy, Wife & Lewie! Pics to follow.

Tri-axle load. Did the math...at least what my old beer soaked brain could remember...and came up with 7.5 cords. Dry sunny location, plenty of wind. Should be nice and dry by next winter.

Now, on to Homies pile.........:chainsawguy:

But for today...Happy St. Paddy's....let the beer consumption begin!:givebeer:

1iznnn.jpg
n4a13t.jpg
getter thear but still a lone way to go

Made a dent in the stacks today, got a couple cord split and stacked. It's not finished, am hoping to get it wrapped up by next weekend. That should be the last of it until next winter. :)

cool ness! I like your electro buster.

Two cords in one day?!? You got me beat young fellah...When I split, maybe 8 to 10 wheelbarrow loads, thats it.

Bwa, all I did today was rearrange heaps and piles, cleared an area for the next stacks, and went through my RxR tie stash..I need better ones....the ones I have let are 75% rotten already. I also need stronger pallets, just put down my last medium strong one. You just can NOT scrounge any heavy pallets around here anymore, too many guys scrounge them and sell them. All I can find is medium wussy and completely unsuitable wussy. I may have to switch to just stacking up rotten ties and placing three rows instead of two to stack the splits on, and skip the bottom pallet.

Looking' good! :msp thumbs up:
Is the "split log pile" still growing? Or are you at the just cut and split point in the whole process? Does the log pile ever stop growing at your place??? ;)
no the unsplit pile well keep getter bigger we are cutting 6 days a week 6 more months of storm work we are bringing 5 truck loads a week tom

no the unsplit pile well keep getter bigger we are cutting 6 days a week 6 more months of storm work we are bringing 5 truck loads a week tom

Inneressin, my part of Nassau (Town of North Hempstead) it looks like most of the Sandy wood is done with. Though come to think of it, I do see a little now-rotten stuff around.

But I'm not a pro, just a humble minor-league scrounger, so I would not be getting calls like you guys.

Last edited:
Inneressin, my part of Nassau (Town of North Hempstead) it looks like most of the Sandy wood is done with. Though come to think of it, I do see a little now-rotten stuff around.

But I'm not a pro, just a humble minor-league scrounger, so I would not be getting calls like you guys.
this is last nights wood it came from bayville as far as wood on the roads go to brookville :msp_scared:not main roads
11ioaqt.jpg
t53y40.jpg
bgxl61.jpg

Latest posts

Back