Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Clearance won't matter on the skip steer u rest it on the top of the log I wish I had one of them no more lifting and soar back nice splitter man I'm jealous

No kidding. So once bucked, with two people, you can just have somebody drive it down the line of rounds while the other operates the spliter...?

I would question why there isn't a horizontal side splitter yet. Either way, it's freskin sweet!

Any machinist who's willing to help me design one, PM me

IMG_20151227_131504391_zpsdynerhmt.jpg

Another small load split.

Pretty small pile compared to my buddy who is a commercial seller. There are hundreds of cords in that pile

Looks like the governments site for quarantined wood after they make it illegal to burn wood, but legal to burn weed.
In all reality it looks like some sort of land fill, thats a crazy lot o wood.
What's the contraption behind your mini pile lol.

Looks like the governments site for quarantined wood after they make it illegal to burn wood, but legal to burn weed.
In all reality it looks like some sort of land fill, thats a crazy lot o wood.
What's the contraption behind your mini pile lol.

They are 2 Pettibone forklifts

That pile believe it or not is a 1 day (9-10 hours) , 2 man, 15 cord pile with a Supersplit.

They are 2 Pettibone forklifts

That pile believe it or not is a 1 day (9-10 hours) , 2 man, 15 cord pile with a Supersplit.
I believe it, I spent about 5hrs yesterday splitting a pile of cherry with a 22ton Huskee. if you compare my pile to yours it looks like yours compared to your buddies:baba:. I'm guessing just over a cord and a half, it sure doesn't look like much though.

What do you guys do to deal with snow?? We just got a huge snow dump and all my rounds are just covered. My split pile is covered also but has a tarp on it at least.

Worst part is that before the snowfall, we had freezing rain. All while I was gone visiting family. Now my ATV just spins the tires when I try to move the snow to get some space to work again. :(

Back