Poulan 2300 cva

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leecopland

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
This saw is diving me nuts! Saw has good comp, spark and freshly cleaned carb. It will only start on prime and runs very fast (WOT) until it dies, 20-30 seconds. Could it be an air leak? You can see the fuel pumping thought the line. Both H&L set at 1 turn out. I swapped the WT for a WA from a 2000 exactly the same result. Help please.

Lee:dizzy:

This saw is diving me nuts! Saw has good comp, spark and freshly cleaned carb. It will only start on prime and runs very fast (WOT) until it dies, 20-30 seconds. Could it be an air leak? You can see the fuel pumping thought the line. Both H&L set at 1 turn out. I swapped the WT for a WA from a 2000 exactly the same result. Help please.

Lee:dizzy:

In the last 10 days I got 5 leaf blowers and 6 weed wackers and one saw going. Most had WA or WT carbs. I had a very similar result as yours. run on prime, actually would idle a bit but then die after a fading burst of power upon wacking the 'go button'.
I found the oem screen between the pump and float/accumulator chamber was extremely fine mesh. Couldn't really see through it !!!! The after market filters are much coarser, you can see through them. . On each of the problem saws they came to life after 2 filter changes and on one, I soaked one oem filter in carb cleaner over night and rinsed with acetone with a thorough blow of compressed air. This fixed each engine instantly.

How did this get in "chainsaw sticky" area?

Latest posts

Back