Poulan 2775 Chain type & sprocket?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EngineNoO9

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Realized last night that the 2775 uses a .325 pitch chain vs the other poulans I have that are 3/8 LP. Also realized that I have a standard poulan pro bar on there which is most certainly for 3/8 LP not .325. I checked and the sprocket is definitely for .325 as well. So... Can i put a 3/8 LP sprocket on this saw? Granted that means I need a new chain too... I guess easiest would be a new bar but I was looking to put a shorter are on this anyways - like a 16". Honestly never noticed any issues with the bar rotating the wrong pitch chain. Though admiringly I barely used this saw as it needed fuel lines for about a year now.

I'm looking and I guess the poulan pro 20" bar did come with a .325 pitch... How would I tell the difference? I got it from a member on here....

Yes, you can put a 6T 3/8LP Oregon spur sprocket on - 41569X.
3/8LP bars - Oregon 91 - have 7 teeth in nose sprocket. .325 bars will have 9-10 teeth. Also marking or model # on bar will tell specs.
16" bar will be far better than 20" on a ~46cc saw.

I was wanting to swap it to a 16". But I'm also contemplating selling all 4 poulans to get me close to buying a better quality saw on general. So I won't care much about it being a 20".

Latest posts

Back