Poulan Ignition Module Gap

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RetiredPhoneMan

Reaction score
I have a Poulan 2375 "Wild Thing". The saw would not start and had a very weak spark. I changed the plug, got it started and ran a tank of gas through while cutting. I stopped to refill the tank and the saw will not start. I again checked the spark plug and the plug did not look wet or dark. I checked for spark again and got a very weak spark so I changed the ignition module. What should the gap be between the pickup on the ignition module and the magnet on the flywheel?

Best regards.

The Old Retired Telephone Man

RetiredPhoneMan said:
I have a Poulan 2375 "Wild Thing". The saw would not start and had a very weak spark. I changed the plug, got it started and ran a tank of gas through while cutting. I stopped to refill the tank and the saw will not start. I again checked the spark plug and the plug did not look wet or dark. I checked for spark again and got a very weak spark so I changed the ignition module. What should the gap be between the pickup on the ignition module and the magnet on the flywheel?

Best regards.

about .010- .014

For a quick way. I just fold a piece of copy paper or writing paper 3 folds total. That way its 3 paper thick. Then you get both sides at once and tighten. Then just pull paper out. Some say they use a index card.

Gap is about the same as matchbook cover. Wild things have a checkered past since most owners go wild trying to keep them running after a few years of use. With spark trouble besides the coil check the flywheel, most of these had a built in key way cut into the flywheel that loosens up over time and throws the timing out. Good luck with your saw and welcome to site.

Poulan ignition module

Thank you for your assistance. I have been able to run two tanks of gas through the saw and had no trouble starting the saw. I was able to set the gap for the new ignition module using the (quick method) three folds in my paper.

Best regards.

Glad to see it worked for you and was able to pass on good info that was passed onto me.

Back