Poulan Micro XXV 25 fuel line replacement

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just did this repair to mine and it worked great, unfortunately, it seems that I now have a leak where the fuel line comes throught the tank. Any idea what "glue" would work the best to seal up the hole?

Thanks!

I just did this repair to mine and it worked great, unfortunately, it seems that I now have a leak where the fuel line comes throught the tank. Any idea what "glue" would work the best to seal up the hole?

Thanks!

Welcome Jason.

First off tell us what kind and what size line did you use?

If right the line should be tight in the hole in the tank and wont leak. No glue needed or recommended.

To be honest, the line was unmarked.

I bought it at the local Chainsaw place (sells STIHL saws), and it does fit fairly tightly in the hole. It's odd, the fuel "wicks" out the hole. At an alarming rate.

Let me get a pic of the line.

I pulled the tubing out a bit and it is visibly constricted. It's only been in there for a month or so. The only text I can find on the line is 40-A.

Phone is not letting me post pictures for some reason. The tubing looks exactly like the stuff outlined in this thread.

Although, if there is better tubing out there I'm not against replacing it.

I'm going to say that it recently started leaking, but that may be because I had not filled the tank fully.
Also, I have only run the Stihl premixed fuel through this saw since the new tubing. View attachment 304724
here is a pic. I have tried to use a bit of the "seal all" stuff from Autozone. It stuck beautifully to the tubing but not the tank itself.

Ok that explains a lot. 30 day's would have been long enough to damage the new line if it had been exposed to a high concentration of ethanol, but since you have only run canned fuel in it that's not likely the problem.

I think the hole in the plastic tank has been stretched out. You can probably fix that by using a .211 X .117 fuel line in the tank to the barbed fitting. The bigger diameter line should seal the tank hole fine that way.

Ok that explains a lot. 30 day's would have been long enough to damage the new line if it had been exposed to a high concentration of ethanol, but since you have only run canned fuel in it that's not likely the problem.

I think the hole in the plastic tank has been stretched out. You can probably fix that by using a .211 X .117 fuel line in the tank to the barbed fitting. The bigger diameter line should seal the tank hole fine that way.

Thanks! I'll try to dig some up!

I managed to find some 6mmx3mm tubing, will that cause too much of a constriction? (you recommended 5.4mmx3mm) .6mm seems to be pretty small, but who knows.
I'll probably just pick up a piece and see if it allows flow through the tank orifice. I have not Mic'ed the hole, so it's not like you have any clue how big the hole is lol.

Again, thanks for your help!

Ended up with some 6mmx3mm tubing, sealed up great!!!

The tubing is black, not yellowish tygon however. Is that going to last as long or did I buy junk tubing?

damnit, There is also a crack where the tab is at the base of the fuel tank. It only leaks when the tank is in the saw and everything is tightened down..

Guess I get to try out plastic welding..

:newbie:

Thanks!

Thanks for the pics and info. Really helped and made an awkward job one hell of a lot easier.
My pipe was rotten and now replaced and working again.
:msp_thumbup:

Latest posts

Back